Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolverhampton

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Move to the East Stand lower, I have been frisked most games this season going in, not sure what they are after weapons, flares, flask or worthers originals who knows.

Yes, I've noticed this recently. Been frisked going into the family stand a few times and my 10-year-old daughter's mini rucksack gets a surprising amount of attention. Doesn't bother me unduly but I do wonder why the threat level has been suddenly elevated to amber in our peaceful little enclave.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Ive been to Birmingham, Cov, Wolves, and a couple of other Midlands clubs, always met friendly fans and had a good time. Its a much friendlier area than Brighton of late, unless your a London media type which are all the rage around Brighton these days... Do you think its a little bit too deprived an area with too many poor people and not shiney enough for our middle class away fans?

Or, to combat both your generalisation about Brighton and his about Brummies: there are twats in all classes of society.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Prince Albert was designated (Suspol) away pub, just off railway drive. However, according to sneering wolves copper, it had its license revoked. We were dismissively told to find a place called'Faces' which should have been named 'Faeces' in all honesty. £14.40 for 2 pints, so we left, ignorinh strong police advice to go straight to ground. Went to wheatsheaf hotel, real ale pub. Excellent bear at £2.80 a pint, full of wolves, all good and no issue whatsoever.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Wolverhampton may not be Florence but absolutely nothing wrong with my experience there yesterday. The Great Western pub was packed with Wolves fans but all were very friendly, with good beer and food and just a short walk to the stadium. No sign of the local menace which I had been told might be an issue. The only disappointment was that Albion were unable to take advantage of a very average Wolves side as they were there for the taking. But that shows how far we've come already this season. And all in glorious autumnal sunshine. I would go again.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
CPRA1OWWsAABk2H.jpg

Faces?

" yam goin down Faces "

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Where did you drink on previous visits to Wolves?
And £7 a pint with the OB directing away fans there, OB on the take? ???

Last time we went to the Walkabout which is shut down now. I was drinking cider at £5 a pint so not quite as bad.
I'm trying to think of where we should shove the Wolves fans when they come down - any suggestions ???

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Last time we went to the Walkabout which is shut down now. I was drinking cider at £5 a pint so not quite as bad.
I'm trying to think of where we should shove the Wolves fans when they come down - any suggestions ???[/QUOTE

A banquet at the Royal Pavilion with free beer, may as well as away fans are treated very well in Brighton.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Questioned by almost every police officer outside the station, and told to go either to 'Faces' (which was Oceana), or to the ground. No other pub would be letting any away fans in without a home ticket.

Got to faces, pitch black nightclub charging £7 a pint. Police weren't even allowed to let us walk down the high street. Bear in mind none of our group had colours on, or been drinking.

I guess licensed premises can choose who they want to let in or not but I would be interested in what legislation or act of law the police were using by preventing you simply walking down the high street?!

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
we tryed to get in the pub just across the road from the ground wudnt let us in then upon speaking to a steward at the ground apparently Newport County smashed the crap out of the pub for no apparent reason few weeks ago so now all away fans getting tarred with their brushes

Jan 30, 2008
Ive been to Birmingham, Cov, Wolves, and a couple of other Midlands clubs, always met friendly fans and had a good time. Its a much friendlier area than Brighton of late, unless your a London media type which are all the rage around Brighton these days... Do you think its a little bit too deprived an area with too many poor people and not shiney enough for our middle class away fans?
spot on , we've got some right toby's in our support :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
last time we went to the walkabout which is shut down now. I was drinking cider at £5 a pint so not quite as bad.
I'm trying to think of where we should shove the wolves fans when they come down - any suggestions ???

club revenge :cool:
regards
DR

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
People from Wolverhampton are NOT Brummies.

they sound like brummies, however have to admit they generate atmosphere without drums -10/10 for that, been in great western twice -very civilised, the walkabou
im glad is closed-DUMP.
I think wolves might get a Leeds reputation for northern ignorance towards visitors, Yeovil also did top to bottom search ---?????? at the gate .
Were twats singing town full of ******s outside before the game---probably frustration due to there shite team/life

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here