Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
:)

We have already scored 5 more league goals than Potter's best season and have a +8 GD (Potter finished with -2)

The football we have watched this season is a good deal better than what we had with Potter
Sometimes we jsut come up against decent manager's who have done a job on us.
Yes. Work in progress as our improvement continued. Started by Potter - or still the devil incarnate?

Hard to believe how many sanctimoniously righteous people would have turned down a bigger, better - and much better paid - job that they'd been head-hunted for. Must be a lot of saints around, eh?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yes. Work in progress as our improvement continued. Started by Potter - or still the devil incarnate?

Hard to believe how many sanctimoniously righteous people would have turned down a bigger, better - and much better paid - job that they'd been head-hunted for. Must be a lot of saints around, eh?
I don't have any issues with Potter any more.
He came unstuck in exactly the manner I felt he would.

I was amazed he took the job in the first place.
To my mind he was always destined for a big job and didn't need to rush.
He had everything he needed with us to cement his reputation.

Conversely I can see RDZ outgrowing us much quicker.
I suspect he is tactically far more astute than Potter and will be able to get better results with a higher quality squad.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't have any issues with Potter any more.
He came unstuck in exactly the manner I felt he would.

I was amazed he took the job in the first place.
To my mind he was always destined for a big job and didn't need to rush.
He had everything he needed with us to cement his reputation.

Conversely I can see RDZ outgrowing us much quicker.
I suspect he is tactically far more astute than Potter and will be able to get better results with a higher quality squad.
Maybe, maybe not - we'll see. The fact that internationally famous and respected Poch has come in to Chelsea and none nothing better than Potter, and done nothing more than Potter could have done makes me think!
Wonder where the narrative would go when Rashford, Casemiro and Maguire told RDZ to f*ck off, they don't want to do it that way............

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Gutted and frustrated, but let's not forget how an Albion second-string side comprehensively dominated a decent Wolves side. And those people having a go at JPVH...are you serious? He is having an outstanding season.
This.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Maybe, maybe not - we'll see. The fact that internationally famous and respected Poch has come in to Chelsea and none nothing better than Potter, and done nothing more than Potter could have done makes me think!
Wonder where the narrative would go when Rashford, Casemiro and Maguire told RDZ to f*ck off, they don't want to do it that way............
Which is ignoring the fact that we have definitely progressed under RDZ - not sure how anyone can argue otherwise? Injuries have not been kind to us this season.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Toothless tonight. Welbeck in his first 10 minutes after the break looked a man possessed then… stopped. Elsewhere Buonanotte was up for it, but we looked really undercooked again.

Frankly Barco looked the most interested in and likely to make a difference tonight. Which is a little worrying, even given our injuries.

Steele’s mistake and miss at the end were dreadful and cost us the tie.

Ref was good.

Toothless tonight. Welbeck in his first 10 minutes after the break looked a man possessed then… stopped. Elsewhere Buonanotte was up for it, but we looked really undercooked again.

Frankly Barco looked the most interested in and likely to make a difference tonight. Which is a little worrying, even given our injuries.

Steele’s mistake and miss at the end were dreadful and cost us the tie.

Ref was good.
No mention of Buonanotte's bad first-half miss?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Bitterly disappointing result.

Very much feels like we lost that game rather than Wolves winning it. We conceded a soft, soft goal in the 2nd minute and then despite lots of huffing and puffing just didn't click enough to get back into the game.

Tough defeat to take.

Pete Skinner

Jan 27, 2024
I’m disappointed, but I’m proud of this tea
I'm sick to death of watching us struggling to create any decent chances let alone take

Well said, Potter is a legend in my eyes. Can’t blame him for moving to a bigger club. Shame it didn’t work out for him.

Pete Skinner

Jan 27, 2024
2nd paragraph there’s something in, but first paragraph is bollox. RDZ is having to patch together a team, week after week, and adapt shape and tactics to whoever happens to be fit that week.

Your 2nd paragraph there’s something in, but that’s for the reasons outlined in my 1st paragraph.
Clubs have worked out RDZ’s tactics. He needs to adapt or we’ll have more nights like last night.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
When watching I was wondering about the state of the pitch, and whether it had been deliberately over-watered. I know there's been a lot of rain this winter but the amount of slipping over in the first half was unusual. Then of course the pitch becomes much slower to play on. I think that made it much harder to play our normal fast, short slick passing, and led to Igor's poor back pass.
There was another game earlier in the season where I thought the opposition had done something similar.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Well said, Potter is a legend in my eyes. Can’t blame him for moving to a bigger club. Shame it didn’t work out for him.
Legend ? Seriously ?

Is he a Gary Hart, a Peter Ward ? A Steve Gritt? Even a player like Kuipers is more deserving of that kind of hyperbolic praise…

He was a decent coach and (like Poyet) fairly transformative, but at a higher level.

He’s also a mercenary gun for hire and in my eyes no better than BIG Sam and his ilk…

Potter fundamentally did less for us than Hughton, but seemingly gets lauded a ‘legend’ for being tactically pretty, he won nothing and created no tangible history beyond leading us to a (now) wholly irrelevant best placed top flight finish.

He’s not a legend really, is he?

Reactions: cjd

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Reading some of the comments I must have been mistaken that we played away from home against a Wolves team just below us in the league.
The over reaction is frankly ridiculous
Totally agree

Thst, and as we clearly need less games not more… well, this defeat has many silver linings if you care to give it some thought… fundamentally we were never likely to win this trophy, not with the teams left in the mix and our crippling injury list/fatigue… time to focus on a sustainable fixture list and maybe winning a different trophy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here