Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Steele is nowhere near PL level worryingly we have a manager who doesn’t learn. Why play him he’s not the future of this club.
Secondly without the world class Mitoma who takes three players out of the game we plod along at walking pace making it easy for the opposition.
On this occasion with the injury list and with no clue how players would respond when they came back the Jan window had to be used to sign one or two experienced players to help the squad.
The lad Baleba runs around like a headless chicken I’m not quite sure what we have bought there he needs a loan that’s for sure. Ayari and Moran look way ahead of him.
I watched Ayari in the Blackburn v Newcastle game on Tuesday and he was very good. Can we recall him ?

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
It's not contradictory at all. Potter accepted an offer (almost certainly the first offer he had since joining Brighton) within 24 hours (supposedly), less than a quarter of the way through the season.
Paul Barber has said previously other clubs had asked for permission to speak to Potter and Potter had said he wasn’t interested. He said it on the Jake Humphrey’s high performance podcast. They knew when he said he wanted to talk to Chelsea that was different.

I’m not as pro Potter as some on here but this rewriting of history to make him a bad guy is unnecessary.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Give him a break mate - he's been outstanding for us this season.

There will always be occasional mistakes at the back because of the way we play.
I agree he's been great this year and is our future. Fed up with his rashness though in his last 3 games. One of our senior pro's I keep on hearing about or one of Roberto's boys needs to have a word.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Which is extremely unfair, as I've had to listen to Danny Murphy, Jermaine Jenas and Steve McManaman for years and I don't see anybody shouting about how male co-commentators should all go back to the golf course.
I think the women presenters, analysis are brilliant. A couple of the Doris commentators are well munters… anyway who won the f***ing war huh

Pete Skinner

Jan 27, 2024
I still can't work out whether you are Palace, Sheffield United or Chelsea. I suspect Palace but would you care to clarify?
Jeez, just coz I dare to be unbiased and take a rational view and dare to suggest that all players go down too easily including ours suddenly makes me a non Albion fan.
I now accept that Albions second in the cup tie against Sheffield was penalty and the idiot defender shouldn’t have gone in with his arm raised but Pedro through himself to the ground when other players try and stay on their feet. I know it’s the modern game - and falling for a penalty has become an art form brought in by foreign players. I dared to suggest that Sunny Gill didn’t look a premier league ref - not just on those decisions but the way he handled the game.
I dared to suggest that Potter was one of our better managers - but RDZ is far better and long may he stay with us. But I dared to suggest that Albion are still a relatively small club compared to Chelsea and Liverpool and will always be vulnerable to losing our better players and managers.
So make of that as you will .

Pete Skinner

Jan 27, 2024
Jeez, just coz I dare to be unbiased and take a rational view and dare to suggest that all players go down too easily including ours suddenly makes me a non Albion fan.
I now accept that Albions second in the cup tie against Sheffield was penalty and the idiot defender shouldn’t have gone in with his arm raised but Pedro through himself to the ground when other players try and stay on their feet. I know it’s the modern game - and falling for a penalty has become an art form brought in by foreign players. I dared to suggest that Sunny Gill didn’t look a premier league ref - not just on those decisions but the way he handled the game.
I dared to suggest that Potter was one of our better managers - but RDZ is far better and long may he stay with us. But I dared to suggest that Albion are still a relatively small club compared to Chelsea and Liverpool and will always be vulnerable to losing our better players and managers.
So make of that as you will .
Threw not through 🙈

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I'm tempted to go the full Joey Barton, she's that bad.
Really?

"Her father Lex hit back at Joey Barton for trying to "belittle and bully" his daughter after the former Manchester City and Rangers player mocked Easdon.
Barton commented on X after a clip was posted of Rangers' opener in which Easdon was caught out of position."

He is a vile, obnoxious PoS.

I love womens football but I understand there are some that don't. Then it's ok NOT to watch it. But to watch a game just so he can bully a young keeper in her first major final to impress his adoring minions and lapdogs just isn't acceptable.

You want to go "the full Joey Barton" that's up to you. Just hope you don't have daughters / granddaughters who want to play the game.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Really?

"Her father Lex hit back at Joey Barton for trying to "belittle and bully" his daughter after the former Manchester City and Rangers player mocked Easdon.
Barton commented on X after a clip was posted of Rangers' opener in which Easdon was caught out of position."

He is a vile, obnoxious PoS.

I love womens football but I understand there are some that don't. Then it's ok NOT to watch it. But to watch a game just so he can bully a young keeper in her first major final to impress his adoring minions and lapdogs just isn't acceptable.

You want to go "the full Joey Barton" that's up to you. Just hope you don't have daughters / granddaughters who want to play the game.
This was a comment about a female commentator on the Wolves game, not a player, and was clearly meant to be a joke. You must have been searching away for something to be outraged about, but my post probably wasn't it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here