Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Replying to @WATFORD zero (I can't work out how to quote)

But handballs are rarely intentional. A shot that was on target but is deflected in, is not an own goal; a shot's that on target hits a hand = handball. A cross that flicks off an unintentional arm from a yard away, that the ref sees but deems irrelevant, is not handball. Just because VAR looks at it for 4 minutes, says it's a handball, doesn't make it handball.

From the FA website: A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The match day threads are often a magnet for sensationalist abusers I’m afraid…!

Football fans are ‘sensational abusers’ when matches and decisions aren't going our way - equally we are ott hero worshipers when things are - we are not snowflakes - (Most of us at least) - It all levels out in the end.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Get in boys- love beating Wolves. Got some family that support them and their fans are so pompous and entitled

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wolves worked very hard and possibly a little unlucky
Looking at the stats, I can't see how they were unlucky. The red card was blatant, and Mitoma could have scored without the foul. Yeah they worked hard, but since when has that meant you deserve a draw? It's not like we didn't also work.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That handball decision also made me realise that with VAR, you essentially get the advantage played as long as you keep the ball. Wolves were still around our box and had a couple of chances to shoot before losing the ball, and it gets pulled back. They basically got exactly the same chances the would if Dunk was nowhere near, but then still get a pen. If they had scored would have it been pulled back for the (alleged) infringement?.
No it wouldn’t - and you’re bang on. It’s a bit like the winning a corner being the best result if you’re offside and the lino doesn’t give it. Like Undav v Fulham the best outcome we could have had was a corner and we got it… I dislike VAR as it also gives different variables like the one you mention.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Throbbing finish from Pascal

Attachments

• 1958FC14-C0E7-48C7-A66C-B54B523F28CA.jpeg
    1958FC14-C0E7-48C7-A66C-B54B523F28CA.jpeg
    387.5 KB · Views: 68

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Looking at the stats, I can't see how they were unlucky. The red card was blatant, and Mitoma could have scored without the foul. Yeah they worked hard, but since when has that meant you deserve a draw? It's not like we didn't also work.
This. I thought they were 'ok' in patches and shite for the rest. We played some lovely football in the first half and then ground them down in the second to get all the 3 points. Defo would have drawn or even lost that with Potty.

Still a top 6 club. :clap:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Simply stunning today, my Wolves STH pre match in the pub was gagging for a draw but no chance.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Exactly. Where the f*** is you arm expected to be if you're throwing you foot as far forward as you can trying to block a cross :shrug:

F***ing stupid rule, if it's not intentional it's not hand ball :wanker:

Apart from these wanky rules, the football we are playing is just superb, and getting better all the time :clap:
Yes mate.

Anyone who has played the game will know that Dunk's movements were entirely normal and natural and there was obviously no desire to try and put an arm in the way of the ball.

The arm is up but in an entirely natural position, (again, those who have played will understand this) to defend legitimately.

Get on with the game with these arm contacts.

The handball rule should be for instances where someone has deliberately moved their arm to the ball or put their arm in a place inconsistent with a genuine attempt to play the ball or defend with another part of the body.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
21 points from 13 games makes 1.615 points per game, and an expected haul of 61 points at the end of the season. That'll do me.
Yes and I still think there are more examples of us dropping points where we should have got something than there are of us getting points where we haven't deserved them

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
21 points from 13 games makes 1.615 points per game, and an expected haul of 61 points at the end of the season. That'll do me.
4th place in 2020 was 66 points, in 2021 it was 67.

Should a champions league place be the target?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Missed the game and had no access to updates apart from a text at HT as I was pootling down the river on a bamboo raft in the middle of nowhere. Replied to the text saying ‘so, 45 mins of attacking a 9 man defence followed by a 3-2 loss then’. Will spend the rest of the afternoon watching highlights :D

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Exactly. Where the f*** is you arm expected to be if you're throwing you foot as far forward as you can trying to block a cross :shrug:

F***ing stupid rule, if it's not intentional it's not hand ball :wanker:

Apart from these wanky rules, the football we are playing is just superb, and getting better all the time :clap:
Arms must be behind one's back at all times... whilst maintaining balance...simples 😬

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Missed the game and had no access to updates apart from a text at HT as I was pootling down the river on a bamboo raft in the middle of nowhere. Replied to the text saying ‘so, 45 mins of attacking a 9 man defence followed by a 3-2 loss then’. Will spend the rest of the afternoon watching highlights :D
on the Adur then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here