Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Rejoice we beat a team that sat deep
I had a £10 bet on under 4.5 goals with about half an hour to go. 5/2 seemed far too good to miss given our record when teams park the bus (and against 10 men).
Hats off Roberto - that definitely feels like 2 points more than we would have got under GPott.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
For starters Welbeck free kick on the edge of their area is ridiculous. No one anywhere near him. There were a few other soft ones too. Thought the ref was poor all round.

I agree on their penalty. No sure arm is in an unnatural position, plus I don't see the flight of the ball change to suggest there was contact from the angles they showed.
Replay of that Welbeck one showed clear foul and contact - granted he tried to stay on feet and went down a bit later then the contact but 100% a foul for me. I think it hit Dunks arm but these refs need to try to block a few crosses themselves and see where their arms end up!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Totally. I’ve been walking on air since returning. Even work can’t dent my big bubble of happy.
Great to read your positivity 👍

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Rejoice we beat a team that sat deep
We’re going to score LOADS under RDZ. We’ll concede a few, but we’ll definitely score some.

Mitoma, Dunk and Lallana all outstanding

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Brighton midfielder Adam Lallana on Brighton's goal drought:

"Can I say something about that? I think that's complete and utter rubbish. Especially with the way we play, I think we're getting in great areas.

"It's just about us all contributing a little bit more. If we want a striker as good as Danny Welbeck then we need to spend £80-90m in my opinion in the English market. They don't exist, they're not out there.

"We need to just get better and all of us take a bit of responsibility in the final third. It was nice to contribute a little bit more today."

On the result:

"Three points in any Premier League match is huge. A little bit relieved at the end. When they went down to 10 it proved more difficult. I thought we took a lot of touches on the ball rather than moving the ball and we got in our own way at times.

"But we persisted and Pascal [Gross] came up trumps again with the goal which made us get three points."

On scoring:

"I don't get many nowadays! I'm finding a bit of form, a bit of rhythm. I've played in the last few games in a role that's enjoyable. I feel I can find good spaces and it's always nice to contribute."

On Roberto de Zerbi's influence:

"The manager has different ideas and different ways of working. I think it's still going to take a bit of time. We've got lots of games but the manager's doing bits on the training pitch. With the winter break I think we'll get good hours in. Back-to-back wins in the Premier League is great and we'll keep going."

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
For starters Welbeck free kick on the edge of their area is ridiculous. No one anywhere near him. There were a few other soft ones too. Thought the ref was poor all round.

I agree on their penalty. No sure arm is in an unnatural position, plus I don't see the flight of the ball change to suggest there was contact from the angles they showed.
From what I saw about their pen was that it wasn't clear if the ball had hit Dunk's arm from the replays. The ref only watched about 6-8 seconds before deciding the pen. I really couldn't tell.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
From what I saw about their pen was that it wasn't clear if the ball had hit Dunk's arm from the replays. The ref only watched about 6-8 seconds before deciding the pen. I really couldn't tell.
Spot on. There was no replay shown that proved the ball even touched his arm.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Love these types of match when we win them, seethe with frustration when we lose them though. I get the feeling that this is now us, and I love it, but I think I’m going to start getting a regular cardiac checkup just in case.

Well done lads. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Second week running the ref has given pretty well every 50/50 to the opposition From mid way through the second half. We were being hacked down late in the game, nowhere near enough cards when you consider how happy he was to give Caicedo one early doors
Hmmm, struggling to see which of these points you've got right

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just reading through this having watched the game.
Frankly the abuse of Dunk for the pen is bloody embarrassing.
The match day threads are often a magnet for sensationalist abusers I’m afraid…!

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Sodding jobsworth Var. If it's going to be used to determine whether a ball imperceptibly flicked off a defender's arm, or a striker's foot is 2cm beyond a defender's shoulder, and I were in charge, then I'd insist it should be used to ensure the wall is exactly, to the centimetre, 10 yards away; that thrown-ins are taken exactly, to the centimetre from the where the ball goes out, that the goalie can hold the ball for exactly 6 seconds.

See how long that lasts, FFS.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The match day threads are often a magnet for sensationalist abusers I’m afraid…!
Exactly. Where the f*** is you arm expected to be if you're throwing you foot as far forward as you can trying to block a cross :shrug:

F***ing stupid rule, if it's not intentional it's not hand ball :wanker:

Apart from these wanky rules, the football we are playing is just superb, and getting better all the time :clap:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
That handball decision also made me realise that with VAR, you essentially get the advantage played as long as you keep the ball. Wolves were still around our box and had a couple of chances to shoot before losing the ball, and it gets pulled back. They basically got exactly the same chances the would if Dunk was nowhere near, but then still get a pen. If they had scored would have it been pulled back for the (alleged) infringement?.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm, struggling to see which of these points you've got right
Say what you see, you think the ref was good, fair enough :shrug:

Just checked the stats and it seems Caicedo didn’t get a card, the commentators must have got that wrong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here