[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yep, suitably mad.

3-5-1-1 I guess?

Bob

Veltman Dunk Cucu
Mwepu Biss Caicedo Ali Mac March
Trossard
Welbeck

But, honestly, with one regular centre back and six midfielders in the side anything could happen and probably will.
[MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] you need to wind your watch up

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
With Welbeck clearly now preferred as a starter and Undav arriving next season is Maupay on his last legs with us? Off in the summer? Or a miraculous redemption, culminating in him smashing a 95th minute winning penalty against West Ham and shushing the cockneys?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
With Welbeck clearly now preferred as a starter and Undav arriving next season is Maupay on his last legs with us? Off in the summer? Or a miraculous redemption, culminating in him smashing a 95th minute winning penalty against West Ham and shushing the cockneys?

I think you are probably right re Maupay. A spell on the bench to show that he’s not going to be first choice next season. I think he’ll be on his way or if he stays the contract offer we’ve given probably isn’t that attractive. Throwing all our eggs in the Welbeck, Undav, Tross basket and I’d think that the contract offer to Tross is a very good one.
Re the team today, possibly March RWB and Tross LWB?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I think you are probably right re Maupay. A spell on the bench to show that he’s not going to be first choice next season. I think he’ll be on his way or if he stays the contract offer we’ve given probably isn’t that attractive. Throwing all our eggs in the Welbeck, Undav, Tross basket and I’d think that the contract offer to Tross is a very good one.
Re the team today, possibly March RWB and Tross LWB?

Just discussed that with [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

I think you and he are right and I guess that puts Mwepu in the middle and Ali Mac at 10?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mwepu-Bissouma-Caicedo

I don’t know how any team in the EPL deals with this midfield 3?

Arsenal failed miserably. It’s time to take Wolves to the vet and put ‘em down!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Had wondered if this is start of a phase out a bit like Matt Ryan

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Had wondered if this is start of a phase out a bit like Matt Ryan
Matt Ryan's departure was hardly phased out - regular GK, and a month later he wasn't!

Like the look of today's team, though do wonder if it will be a 3-5-2 as per the BBC? That midfield trio of Mwepu, Caicedo and Biss id pretty exciting though.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Matt Ryan's departure was hardly phased out - regular GK, and a month later he wasn't!

Like the look of today's team, though do wonder if it will be a 3-5-2 as per the BBC? That midfield trio of Mwepu, Caicedo and Biss id pretty exciting though.

Dropped / phased out

Either Welbeck has been outstanding in training or the message has been given is my view

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Dropped / phased out

Either Welbeck has been outstanding in training or the message has been given is my view

Don’t know what this means for next season - speculate away - but as for being phased out then Maupay came on v Man City and started last week.
More likely Potter wants to incorporate Mwepu in a more forward role, Welbeck has been playing , and he is comfortable as a sole striker/ holding up play and that’s been working.
But it’s really all a bit premature to suggest it equals au revoir Maupay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports