[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
This is why Dunk is not in the England side, better to let in an equaliser and still be 11 men.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

We were not playing Manchester City.. this lot would probably missed it . Totally bad decision from the club captain. I am sure he knows that now.
Typical Albion, one good game then a stinker. We still won't go down but we never do things the straightforward way.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I understand the potential connotations but I hope GPott is reading them the Riot Act at the moment, a desperate performance against a very poor opposition.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Maybe not but it’s certainly not Maupay that’s for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s our top scorer, and over the last 2 seasons is so by far. So if someone better is waiting in the wings it’s a bit late to start showing it now…

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Maupay is just brain dead. You could see there was something going on after the challenge with Coady. And to think people want Maupay and Andone on the same pitch. Potential for on pitch chaos!

Any news on how fit Andone is?

would love to see Izquierdo back in

It was a fateful decision by Dunk but might have been justified if we had held on for a few more minutes, fine margins

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We were not playing Manchester City.. this lot would probably missed it . Totally bad decision from the club captain. I am sure he knows that now.
Typical Albion, one good game then a stinker. We still won't go down but we never do things the straightforward way.

Can you call it a stinker if you lose with 10 men though?

If we keep 11 on the field and lose that would be a stinker. No question.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I understand the potential connotations but I hope GPott is reading them the Riot Act at the moment, a desperate performance against a very poor opposition.

I don’t get this at all. Played well first half and in control. The sending off of Dunk changed things. Even then the winner was in injury time. If we’d have got a draw we’d have been satisfied.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Everyone is jumping on that bandwagon now in retrospect, nobody was saying much until Wolves first goal went in, and if we had of held on to win 1-0 the same people calling Dunk an idiot now would've been praising him for taking one for the team.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Because Dunk had a split second to make a deicsion and his instant reaction was to save a near certain goal.

Maupay the **** already knew we'd be a player down next game when he got his.

Near certain goal? Really?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

You expect us to win with 10men?

Harsh to blame the team for that. Individual mistake from Dunk to blame surely.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It was a fateful decision by Dunk but might have been justified if we had held on for a few more minutes, fine margins

This. If we went on to win, it probably would have been hailed as the right call. But for me, and without meaning to sound petulant (but probably doing so anyway), if the ref does his job and gives us that pen in the first half and we score, Dunk doesn’t tug the shirt of Silva. A game of what could have been, again.

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Because Dunk had a split second to make a deicsion and his instant reaction was to save a near certain goal.

Maupay the **** already knew we'd be a player down next game when he got his.

Agree..

Need to know the facts of course, and what Maupay said. It’s an emotional game. But a red after 90mins is wholly unprofessional.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can we change our club motto to “we never do things the easy way”? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports