[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread **

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Not complaining about what was a good point well earned, but good God how out of form is Propper? He got caught in possession multiple times, as he has done for the last several games. Needs resting/dropping call it what you like.

Not to say he didn't do some good stuff, but this is something that's been bugging me the past few weeks

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Someone's grumpy, haven't you got some hoovering and cleaning to get back to :p

Yes we are fekin grumpy, but rest assured I have completed the hoovering and numerous other domestic chores. Potter Out. :lolol::cool::rolleyes::p

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Certainly March. Shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team

Same for Montoya.

Otherwise, it's a decent result and could prove a very valuable away point.

Yet Warren, on SCR, was choosing between Bissouma and Montoya for MoM. I know who I believe???

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Omg some of the comments, we're sleep walking into the championship and some still dont see it.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

I don’t think we’re sleep walking into anything. We’re all disappointed with the season as a whole, and we’re all aware of our perilous position - however: today’s result was a good one, and a decent enough performance to go with it. Sure, we are still deep in the mire, but let’s try to enjoy at least a few hours of cautious optimism... hey?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I thought it was a pretty even game, with Wolves having the best chances.
Better than I hoped before the game though.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Stealing a living?!

unbelievable

Never looks that interested if honest, and yes shouldn't be near the team. A wide attacking player who very rarely delivers a good cross and fails to hit the target when in good positions.

I don't think I'm alone in my thinking.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If March and Montoya aren't good enough to be in the first team, It's a f***ing miraculous result getting a point away at Wolves with only 9 first teamers :facepalm:

We got the result we did today, despite playing two players who are not good enough for this league.

The only thing Monotya can do without messing it up is pass it back where it came from. He gave Wolves more chances to create today through losing the ball than he actually prevented by winning it.

March, again, gets the ball out wide and spends about 12 minutes sizing up his options before either losing the ball or passing it backwards. To be fair, occassionally he will try a "cross".

Probably not a miracle, but we got off the hook today.

I don't like slating our players, I really don't. But they shouldn't be playing, they aren't even close to good enough.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I don’t think we’re sleep walking into anything. We’re all disappointed with the season as a whole, and we’re all aware of our perilous position - however: today’s result was a good one, and a decent enough performance to go with it. Sure, we are still deep in the mire, but let’s try to enjoy at least a few hours of cautious optimism... hey?

Not the first half (of the season) - that was some of the most enjoyable football I've seen us play. Disappointed with what's happened in 2020 really.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I've been thinking, maybe the lack of chances was a deliberate ploy today...

Apparently Wolves have won 21 points from losing positions whereas we haven't won a single game so far when the other team scored first. So if we'd have scored first we'd have been ****ed and if they'd have scored first we'd have been ****ed so clearly Potter set up for the 0-0. Clever that!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Yet Warren, on SCR, was choosing between Bissouma and Montoya for MoM. I know who I believe???

Sorry but Montoya is absolutely f*cking crap. He manages to mess up the simplest pass, you could run an entire 5 minute highlight reel of his f*ck ups just from todays game.

I'm sure he's a lovely bloke and I hope he finds his level.

But this is not it.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Just pleased that Traore only played 20 minutes otherwise may have struggled to keep 11 men on the pitch and the result could have been very different

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But it was still only one point, same all season dominating possession taking it to the opposition but no end product. This obsession with 'we had the lion share of possession' has to stop for all our sanity. :mad:

No, sorry I picked up on you saying this “ Having said that it was a dire game of football, no better than last season”.

Now I don’t dispute our end product is a problem, but it wasn’t a dire game of football, both sides tried to win it today (as opposed to last season). I’m not obsessed with possession, just people making odd statements.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I've been thinking, maybe the lack of chances was a deliberate ploy today...

Apparently Wolves have won 21 points from losing positions whereas we haven't won a single game so far when the other team scored first. So if we'd have scored first we'd have been ****ed and if they'd have scored first we'd have been ****ed so clearly Potter set up for the 0-0. Clever that!

The ploy was to win a dodgy free-kick in a dangerous position with 20 seconds to go - and score then, so Wolves had no time to come back. But, I must say, our new boy put in a pretty poor cross from it!..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports