Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread **

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep I think we will, but let's not kid ourselves the football isn't the best, lovely passing but fekin hell no end product.

Great to be in the Premier League but christ on a bike it's crap to watch us struggle at the top table week in week out.

Mr. Bloom has worked the oracle but top ten we ain't, let us all hope we can progress next season.

IF we somehow manage to stay up, shirley this will be the summer when TB looks at spending on a CF, DM and goal scoring ACM. This constant concern over 3 seasons can’t be good for his own wellbeing and financial planning.

At the 7th transfer window of asking, far better to spend the circa £60m on two or three players of real quality, rather than a numbers game in acquiring a small army of CB’s and small technicians who very rarely score.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
IF we somehow manage to stay up, shirley this will be the summer when TB looks at spending on a CF, DM and goal scoring ACM. This constant concern over 3 seasons can’t be good for his own wellbeing and financial planning.

At the 7th transfer window of asking, far better to spend the circa £60m on two or three players of real quality, rather than a numbers game in acquiring a small army of CB’s and small technicians who very rarely score.

Agree. Although I would add that I think Biss would be the ideal defensive midfielder. Breaking up play, driving forward and layinging the ball of to Argie Mac to smash home.........assuming he can shoot, that is leaving the cash for two strikers.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree. Although I would add that I think Biss would be the ideal defensive midfielder. Breaking up play, driving forward and layinging the ball of to Argie Mac to smash home.........assuming he can shoot that is leaving the cash for to strikers.

I haven’t seen any of today’s game, but many posters talk about Propper sitting deep (some say giving the ball away repeatedly), whilst Bissouma was the more advanced player driving the team on.

Was that the case?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Agree. Although I would add that I think Biss would be the ideal defensive midfielder. Breaking up play, driving forward and layinging the ball of to Argie Mac to smash home.........assuming he can shoot, that is leaving the cash for two strikers.

Argie Mac could well be the answer Des, let us sleep on it. :smile:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

I hope you're right

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread **

I haven’t seen any of today’s game, but many posters talk about Propper sitting deep (some say giving the ball away repeatedly), whilst Bissouma was the more advanced player driving the team on.

Was that the case?

Not how I saw it.

He is just very mobile. (Think Kante).

At least two excellent defensive tackles in the 2nd half where he ran back and caught up with Wolves’ break, retrieving the ball on both occasions.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Getting a point at Wolves in the current circumstances is a good result. At this stage of the season they all count.

Next week against Arsenal will be tough - but the big one is now Norwich away - a win is a must in that game. It is the only one that is not against a top 6/7 team until May.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Deja vu. That's almost exactly what I was suggesting this time last year that was wanted for Hughton's team in the summer transfer window!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Deja vu. That's almost exactly what I was suggesting this time last year that was wanted for Hughton's team in the summer transfer window!

Same here, repeatedly in spring/summer 2018 and 2019. It’s pretty obvious and has been since August 2017.

But easier said than done. TB doesn’t want to pay the wages Leicester, Stains, CP and Wolves do to exceptional game-changers, as it would put the club in financial jeopardy. They can all teeter on the financial brink, it’s their look out.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Getting a point at Wolves in the current circumstances is a good result. At this stage of the season they all count.

Next week against Arsenal will be tough - but the big one is now Norwich away - a win is a must in that game. It is the only one that is not against a top 6/7 team until May.
Arsenal have won TWO away games all season. It really shouldn't be tough to get at least a draw.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If Bissouma is to make it at this level then it is not as an attacking midfielder I feel. He’s not poor going forward apart from his long range shooting but I see him in the sitting role with the Albion........
Behind SuperMac....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah I know but last season we were shit with no possession. You can't score without the ball.

Borne out by:

0-0 last season:

B4C1AF36-1A63-44B0-8027-08B8A010979F.png

And today:

1142DEBD-8D70-4D3C-A234-EB7101A659D4.png

It also prevented wave after wave of Wolves attacks, attempts and corners.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yeah I know but last season we were shit with no possession. You can't score without the ball.

Different circumstances though, after those shocking performances, you cannot under-estimate how well Hughton set us up, when we were desperate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If Bissouma is to make it at this level then it is not as an attacking midfielder I feel. He’s not poor going forward apart from his long range shooting but I see him in the sitting role with the Albion........
Behind SuperMac....

Perfectly fair assessment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
MOTD - predictably we’re on last, in a few minutes time.

Edit: Where we looked alright, some crosses that could’ve been tucked away for example. Murphy and Wright full of praise for Bissouma.

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Great away point, forgetable first half and shame March couldn't hit a barn door.
Much better second half and shame SuperMac wasn't given more time on the pitch.
Will always take an away point, though still no goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here