Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Novagull

Apr 13, 2019
Stephens had a decent game today; it was a huge Easter present that Propper limped off and was replayed by MOTM Kayal.

Watched on TV .... one of the pundits said Brighton were so, so, so boring; if we go down we certainly won't be missed.

Good sleeves rolled up performance, but CH absolutely has to go!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
As a side note we played the majority of that game with EIGHT of the team that won promotion:

Bruno, Duffy, Dunk, Bong, March, Stephens, Kayal, Murray.

Highlights the importance of team spirit and desire. Eight players who knew exactly what it took to get to and means to stay in the premier league. Four of the other players were key to our survival last year. Only Bernardo of this seasons signings got on the pitch. Suggests that come the end of season review this years recruitment will be holding equal billing with Hughton's management.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Any chance you could give your negativity a rest? We did as well, if not better today, than pretty well EVERY realistic fan expected. The manner of the performance is totally irrelevant for the rest of the season if we carry on playing with that spirit

I am absolutely not a fan of CH football but it’s all we’ve got at the moment so being so repetitively negative when we just got an unexpected point is tiresome :smile:

I find this funny, when a view does not meet that of another poster it has to be put down - usually followed by a few sheep that feel the need to join in.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Simple truth is that you don't win points for style - sometimes you just have to grind out a result, it may not be pretty but in our situation it is necessary.

That being the case, job done.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Miserable fucckerrs

That was a good point at a far better side than we are. 4 points from them is a great return

Now we are at the moment level games with Cardiff, 13 goals better off and 3 points better off

If they get something from Liverpool good luck to them, but we are now looking at the Newcastle game as a monster game. But we go into it with a good result away from home

The fat lady may have been drinking ribena last week, but she has sat down and I am not expecting her to get back up now

That was an immense point!!!!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Fook me let's celebrate a point how ever it's gained. We can pull the manager,players, chairman, recruitment team, supporters,tea lady over the coals at the end of the season. Celebrate a point which gives us a chance to survive. It may go pear shaped still but at least we are making Cardiff work harder for survival because of that hard earned point.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I find this funny, when a view does not meet that of another poster it has to be put down - usually followed by a few sheep that feel the need to join in.

Laugh away. I don’t think there’s a regular poster who isn’t aware what you think so why keep repeating it? Maybe if there was something new in the comments I’d have left it.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Any chance you could give your negativity a rest? We did as well, if not better today, than pretty well EVERY realistic fan expected. The manner of the performance is totally irrelevant for the rest of the season if we carry on playing with that spirit

I am absolutely not a fan of CH football but it’s all we’ve got at the moment so being so repetitively negative when we just got an unexpected point is tiresome :smile:

I think thats a tad harsh, its not simply being negative for negativity sakes, its calling it straight, as it is.... in his/her opinion

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Miserable fucckerrs

That was a good point at a far better side than we are. 4 points from them is a great return

Now we are at the moment level games with Cardiff, 13 goals better off and 3 points better off

If they get something from Liverpool good luck to them, but we are now looking at the Newcastle game as a monster game. But we go into it with a good result away from home

The fat lady may have been drinking ribena last week, but she has sat down and I am not expecting her to get back up now

That was an immense point!!!!

We lost, at home, 0-5 to Bournemouth and 0-2 to Cardiff, and you call us miserable f***ers? You win funniest tosser of the day.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think thats a tad harsh, its not simply being negative for negativity sakes, its calling it straight, as it is.... in his/her opinion

Fair enough it just feels like groundhog day with his posts, I’ll butt out.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Laugh away. I don’t think there’s a regular poster who isn’t aware what you think so why keep repeating it? Maybe if there was something new in the comments I’d have left it.

Plenty enough people liking my posts, I'll leave it there.

D

Deleted member 2719

I don't think it's just about us making mistakes. They hit the crossbar and the post, and had other good chances. If Wolves hadn't made mistakes in front of goals (and we can't expect other opponents to make those mistakes) they would have won without any difference in our performance.

That is a fair point, our success was also down to those extra players on the field Mr Cross and Mr Post but those guys are so unpredictable.

YES! In the situation we are in, yes. Just wish we’d played that team and produced that performance against Cardiff

Cardiff do have more fight than Wolves so I suppose we could have turned them over, but Warnock is a clever manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here