Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Cant believe it was 1989 when we won 4-2. The same night Palace lost 9-1 to Liverpool if i remember correctly

Right on it being the same day, but wrong on the score

9-0

It could have been 9-1, but Geoff Thomas missed a penalty

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Just a 1-0 would do for me.

:lolol: Marvellous.

What are the chances of Dobbie starting?

I think he deserves a place from the off

Yes, I would agree. I would play him in the hole between Bridcutt + Another and CMS. However, this is the Barnes position. Even with Orlandi in the team, Barnes is still playing mostly from the left, and Dobbie would be even more wasted there than Barnes is.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Dobbie in, Barnes out for me.

Nothing against Barnes at all, its just that Dobbie looked good when he came off the bench on Tuesday and I'd like to see him given a go from the start.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Dobbie in, Barnes out for me.

Nothing against Barnes at all, its just that Dobbie looked good when he came off the bench on Tuesday and I'd like to see him given a go from the start.

But it was linking him with barnes that got us the goal. Why not move barnes into the crofts role, dobbie in barnes' place, as they did when dobbie came on against peterborough?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
But it was linking him with barnes that got us the goal. Why not move barnes into the crofts role, dobbie in barnes' place, as they did when dobbie came on against peterborough?

this

and player is on early again

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
bring dobbie in for hammond ..barnes had his best game of the season Tuesday be harsh to drop him

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If we can't beat Wolves ...... it could mean relegation ??? Could it get that bad ??? (The seventh visit and the first time we did not win at Wolves and we got relegated: a disgrace!)

Have they got any players that are any good? If they got rid of Elliott Bennett the implication is that they have better midfield players.

Buckley to be dropped or is he injured again ??? I would have dropped Macca and Barnes !

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What a night that must have been!

I was at Wolves that night and yes, one of the most enjoyable nights watching the Albion ever!

Meanwhile today I'd take a draw but it's interesting that their forum were more pessimistic than anything that gets posted here.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
BHAFC‏@OfficialBHAFC

#BHAFC v #Wolves: Kuszczak, Bruno, Dunk, Greer, Bridge; Bridcutt, Crofts, Orlandi; Dobbie, Mackail-Smith, David.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here