Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woking v Brighton

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
We are just 2 new players away(midfielders)from being a very good team sorry but fraser,mayo and el abd are just not good enough

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes, but it's only a pre-season friendly. Last year I went to see us play Aldershot and we were crap then, only for us to end up having......ow, er, a crap season.....:eek::eek:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
its pre season not really a big deal

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yes, but it's only a pre-season friendly. Last year I went to see us play Aldershot and we were crap then, only for us to end up having......ow, er, a crap season.....:eek::eek:
good point well made, i remember Revell being GASH in that game but he turned i round!

and lets see Billericay (from what i heard) we seemed to be messing with younger players in a first team possibility - didn't work that well

Fulham we put out a first team and that actually worked on the whole , we created chances and defended ok (as much as people on here won't like me to say it - Kuipers played fantastically :p ) , a few errors when we messed with the squad second half ruined us

near enough the same could be said against Reading , new keeper thrown in at the deep end

and the other night it was a youth team

ok we should've won regardless against Billericay and Hastings i guess but it is not complete doom and gloom - the one thing i still can't figure out is lack of trialists to possibly signed , only Mullens and Gay so far still isn't it?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
In the first half Brighton dominated but failed in the last 3rd of the pitch and therefore did not make the possession count, the midfield looked pretty without really playing the killer punch. Up front was a story of 2 opposite ends of the spectrum, Forster looked very promising and was a hand full where as Bas Savage was woeful bit like Emily Heskey without the skill. Couldn't really remark on the defense as Woking were nowhere to be seen.

Second half was a different story Woking started to play and to be honest should have scored more the way they ran through our defense. We looked desperate for someone to take control of the midfield.

On the whole it reminded me of watching England play which is frightening and as for the shorts hilarious bit like watching Stanley Matthews (without the skill).

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
play-offs anyone?!

and the fact our goal was scored by someone who in liklehood won't be playing against crewe is even more concerning

Also the player who could be the surprise package this season as well.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Also the player who could be the surprise package this season as well.

haven't seen him play for the first team, but he does sound very good. would be interested to see where he would fit into the starting line up though. best bet would be at centre half, with lynch moving over to left back

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
very uninspiring game. We had a lot of huff and puff but very little quality apart from Forster. I'm slightly worried by this display. We need 2 or 3 players and the likes of reid, hinsh and oatway, lynch (?) are not gonna be fit by the start of the season by the looks of it.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Calm down folks......Pre-season friendlies mean nothing in terms of the season ahead.

I wouldnt realy care if we lost ALL out pre-season games,because when that whistle goes at 3pm at Crewe those players will all be in a completely different state of mind,and im sure it is a winning state of mind too!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
haven't seen him play for the first team, but he does sound very good. would be interested to see where he would fit into the starting line up though. best bet would be at centre half, with lynch moving over to left back

He'll be the first choice to replace an injured Lynch or Butters, And the long term replacement for Butters.

i miss worthing

Dec 1, 2006
just back from game
quick round up as i want sleep

we looked good first half,they didnt have a shot on goal.
dean cox stood out by a mile, everything good we did came through him.Jakey was alot better that saturday worked well with the overlaping whing

second half they sat back and hit us on the break wit pace,they didnt have a period of sustained pressure by any means.what stood out for me was how we struggled to break them down when they sat back although as mentioned earlier if we had put away our chances it could of been 4 or 5.

hammond seems to be either struggling to get himself going or is easing himself into the season, he seems to lack the urgency and drive his game depends on.

and finally
back 4 worked together
frasers not a winger
savage was abit disapointing
foster will get goals, makes half a yard for himself and then shoots

worst report ever i know but in my defence i'm abit simple

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here