Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woking Manager

phoenix

May 18, 2009
He was great all night.Totally agree.

Sep 1, 2010
Yeah, bit of a weird decision, but practicing penalties means jack shit in my opinion. Almost untrainable IMO> Nerves and confidence on the night are always the deciding factor

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
On the stream I was watching he said just before the shoot out I don't care if you miss all five penalties as long as you make sure you choose your spot and stick to it and sure enough they miss all their penalties. I bet he wish he hadn't said that now.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I thought he was a bit of a TOOL.

Yeah, I thought he came across as a bit of a tool too. :shrug:

That said, I have to say he did a great job motivating his team tonight. They looked like the L1 table-toppers at times tonight, so he evidently ain't a tool at all. :thumbsup:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
The guy must have something to inspire a non league side to that level of FA Cup play. He grated on my nerves a bit but he was in there all the way mentally playing the game with his side with passion. They are a good side and they kept coming at us with determination. I really thought we had lost it a couple of times. Why the hell are they in that Blue Square whatever league?

Really pleased we won.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Bit of a grating voice but showed respect to our team and didn't whinge about the referee.

Made a refreshing change from Pulis, Redknapp, Allardyce, Moyes etc.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I thought the Guy was a credit to his club and talked sense when being interviewed during the game.

Said it like it was, didn't go all Billy big bollocks even when they scored.

Seemed a genuine nice bloke to me.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yeah, bit of a weird decision, but practicing penalties means jack shit in my opinion. Almost untrainable IMO> Nerves and confidence on the night are always the deciding factor
quite right... there is almost no point to any of the practice engaged in by professional sportspeople - at the end of the day, penalty shootouts come down to bottle and which players, when asked out of the blue by some Terry Venables-like character, want it most on the night...

:darkagessmiley:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Came across very well on the TV and got his team playing better than most league 1 teams we have faced this season

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Think his pre-penalty talk f***ed it up!

"Place the ball properly, take a run up, pick your corner and put it right in the corner, plenty of power and dont change your mind"

Jeez, no pressure then

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
what about the MID-MATCH pitch side interviews??

I've never ever seen that before. Anyone else?

and for the record I also thought he came across as a bit of a tool. A crap tool. But a nice crap tool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here