Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withnail & I

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Big fan of Django myself, even if those fighters didn't actually exist back in the day. I always thought Inglorius was a bit silly to be honest. Pulp Fiction is Tarantino at this height of his powers, and Jackie Brown not far behind - PF will forever be considered an absolute masterpiece in my eyes.

I think all his films could be classed as a bit silly at times but that no way detracts from the finished piece. It enhances it. I mean... What do hired assassins talk about on the way to a hit ?

He pays homage openly and gets criticism for lack of originality but all directors do it, but some just will not admit it although it as clear as day. I never knew Robinson wrote the screenplay to The Killing Fields though.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think all his films could be classed as a bit silly at times but that no way detracts from the finished piece. It enhances it. I mean... What do hired assassins talk about on the way to a hit ?

He pays homage openly and gets criticism for lack of originality but all directors do it, but some just will not admit it although it as clear as day. I never knew Robinson wrote the screenplay to The Killing Fields though.

And he was in 'Still Crazy', which is a giggle.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A special edition Blu Ray is being released by Arrow Films later this year.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've always felt Withnail and I was pretty overrated.
That's the thing - any film that's been bigged up so much is set to fall. And you need to be in the right mood for a film like this one. With the right mood, and managed expectation, I think it's an excellent film.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here