Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean music

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
At last, someone else has picked up on the dire music fayre we are offered week in, week out at Withdean. I mentioned this sometime ago and got shouted down, but really it is about time we stopped living in the past and playing someone's old record collectioni in the pre-match build up.

I have nothing against the presenter's choice, indeed we all have our favourites, but this shouldnt be foisted on everyone else. There should be a balance of music reflecting crowd and even the game in question.

Considering we are the envy of so many, having Skint as our sponsor, one would think our music policy would reflect a certain musical savvy.

My gym has the local HMV and Virgin stores sponsoring the music. Couldnt Withdean consider this? At least we might get a music diet more apropos to the times.

Oh, and personally, I would keep GOSBTS.

Well done Any Naylor for raising this issue.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i have no problem with the music at the withdean , quite enjoy it actually

at least its not blue or some shit like that !

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
but something a bit more uplifting, as long as the team come out to GOSBTS....

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
My only complaint about the music is that it isn't loud enough.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I can hardly hear the sound system is so bad but I'm fine with the choice of tracks.

beadman

Aug 27, 2003
Seven Dials
Attila is the King

Keep 'em coming Attila old boy. Top quality music policy, powerful & stirring stuff. Untampered sounds from the heart & not stuff to subsidise record execs' coke habits Please, please nothing that would ever be played in a health club.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Re: Attila is the King

beadman said:
Keep 'em coming Attila old boy. Top quality music policy, powerful & stirring stuff. Untampered sounds from the heart & not stuff to subsidise record execs' coke habits Please, please nothing that would ever be played in a health club.

:nono:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Re: Attila is the King

beadman said:

:clap2:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Keep up the good work Attila :clap:

Pretty damn uplifting bouncing up the lane just before kick-off to classic tracks by Nirvana, The Undertones, The Clash, FBS, The Piranhas. Never heard attila play a duff record yet. Unless of course he ever played that abomination by The Zamora Singers. Which I guess he must have done. Which defeats me argument. So I'll get me coat :blush: :(

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
dougdeep said:
My only complaint about the music is that it isn't loud enough.
I sit near the back of F block ,just in front of one of the 'speakers and it is f*****g loud there.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
i sit behind sam's dad and i'm f**king loud

beadman

Aug 27, 2003
Seven Dials
Re Attila is the King

"My gym has the local HMV and Virgin stores sponsoring the music. Couldnt Withdean consider this?"

On second thoughts Batterseagull if they wanted to get involved with the club they could provide a decent sound system. So long as they kept their noses out of music policy that is.

Failing that perhaps Jah Shaka could be approached. So long as Rastafarian entertainment is not specifically excluded by the planning application. This would certainly be more uplifting than the paedophilic Hamerettes (please note Andy Naylor)

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
Most of you miss the point. Sure I like Nirvana, Clash, Pirhanas etc but is that representative of the Withdean crowd?

Undoubtably NOT. Would you guys like a diet of Eric Prydz, Shapeshifters and Deep Dish. Probably not but let me tell you this.....

Fat Boy Slim and Skint Records, our esteemed sponsors, represent dance music. We should be f***ing proud of their sponsorship and perhaps play a little more modern music in the pre match build up. At least it would give much more atmosphere than we have at the moment.

Let us not forget, the moment the Seagulls entered Cardiff. This wasnt to Nirvana (whose lead singer committed suicide.... not very uplifting!!!). The music from Kill Bill at least gave us an uplifting soundtrack at a much needed time. PALOOKAVILLE deserves this and more!

May I also remind you all that if it wasnt for dance music we might not have a club.

I repeat.... Make the pre match music MORE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE CROWD and play a variety of tastes.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
BatterSeagull said:
The music from Kill Bill at least gave us an

i completely side-step the point again but that is a great track

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here