Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] With three weeks to go until the season starts, how is your Albion MOJO?

How is your Albion MOJO?

• Tip-top - the squad is taking shape and I'm confident it will all work out

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • High - could be better, but could be a lot worse

Votes: 14 9.6%
  • Middle of the road - I like what we've done so far, more of the same (and quickly) please

Votes: 75 51.4%
  • Slightly concerned - Deja vu is setting in

Votes: 48 32.9%
  • Very concerned - I don't think they know what they are doing

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Realistically- target must be a top half finish and think about building for a potential promotion push for 2016-2017.

I can't get too excited if I'm honest.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Getting excited that the season is not to far away I hate having no football, but I don't have high hopes that we are in for a top half finish!
The lack of rumours or any quotes from the club of who are targets are don't help but I understand why they stay tight lipped, also gutted that BZ hasn't signed yet...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We still haven't addressed the major issue from last year, the lack of creativity and goals. So I am beginning to be concerned
Astonishing isn't it....Guess signing a right back when you have two and a goalkeeper when you have 3 is priority:glare:
Been a couple of seasons of slow boring football and they still don't learn:annoyed:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Realistically- target must be a top half finish and think about building for a potential promotion push for 2016-2017.

I can't get too excited if I'm honest.
And how are we going to build exactly ?
Very ageing squad and very few promising youngsters coming through....It just doesn't work that way I'm afraid.
I think we're to nice by offering bog slandered ageing players new contracts when we all know they are getting worse each season as it's clear to see.
Bruno
Calderon
Greer
Waste of wages

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've gone with middle of the road, though the follow up on the poll is more positive about our current signings than I am. I'm more neutral. I'll wait to see them play before judging them, but I'm not overly excited by them.

I have no idea of what to expect: was the dull football a result of Hughton doing what he needed to with what he had? Will we see a more exciting brand of football with Hughton signing his own players? Where will we finish? Where should we realistically be expecting to? I have no real cast iron ideas on any of these questions.

I do miss football, though.

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
I'm in the meh camp but would have gone for the deja vu option if only it had read "Deja Vu is setting in all over again".
So ENREST was on the right track, so to speak.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Looking forward to kick off as usual. Can't wait to see what exciting new forward players we'll sign before the end of the transfer slot.

It's all good..

Jessam BHA

May 23, 2014
First 6 games will shape season... Baldock was starting to show promise, crofts will give engine quality and help push on kayal..hopefully home crowd will be given something to her behind...keep the faith!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
If we can keep march fit & get the best out of colonga I don't think we are that far away.We need a creative midfielder,a winger & another striker.Or course it dosent matter how many players we sign we always think we need 1 more.Lets see what happens

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
You don't need huge standout signings to win this league. You need to do your business early and craft a side to hit the ground running which I think we have done, but agree we could Do with a couple more signings upfront

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
cant wait

over confident as always

i think we can win this.........its going to be epic!...........again!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There was a time where we had the creativity, pace, goals and delivery of folk such as Buckley, Noone, Orlandi, Lopez, Vicente and Kaz on our flanks. Now we just have Kaz and a largely unproven prospect in March. It's very clear to see where the team need strengthening. Colunga, COG and Baldock all failed last year yet if Hemed suffers a pre-season injury, those three will be our goal threat. So, lots of work still to do but we still have over a month. I'm very much hoping for some very high quality loans as well as 3/4 permanent signings.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This week is MASSIVE for us in terms of recruitment.

Get no one in, then lose to Aberdeen and it will all look darkly GRIM.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Voted "could be better, but could be a lot worse" - probably a bit generous in view of what appears to be still a lack of goals in the side, but then again I always start the season thinking we'll do better than last season. I've been doing that for fifty seven years now, so too ingrained for me to change now. Anyway, it works ............. occasionally!

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
You don't need huge standout signings to win this league. You need to do your business early and craft a side to hit the ground running which I think we have done, but agree we could Do with a couple more signings upfront

You also have to have a certain degree of talent, which we don't have yet. We are 6 signings short of having a squad that can compete. I fear if we do not get 3 of these this week we will be behind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here