Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

With O'Grady finding some form where do we need to strengthen in the transfer window?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Still need a quality centre forward, an experienced centre midfielder and a pacey winger with a decent cross on him. Replacements for Ulloa, Andrews and Buckley basically.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I like COG,and now after a poor start,seems to have found some form.However despite saying ,that he is a professional,and signing a 3 year lucrative contract,he is saying that his family it seems would rather be up north !This should have been sorted before the man signed,and as it stands will never work if his family come first.He must be sold,and ........he will need a wage cut !!!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I can't agree about us not looking too weak in many positions. This transfer window needs to be anything but quiet for us.

Our strikers are pitiful. Says it all when COG looks to be the best of the bunch. And as an aside, I think COG is still set on going back up North anyway.

Midfield is weak, lacking both creativity and any sort of physical presence.

I'd be happy for Joe Bennett and Bruno to play every game, but as they won't, we could probably do with strengthening there too.

So for me we need:

1) At least one proven goalscorer for this division. Not necessarily a 'big man' as target player, but someone able to play in virtually any system, give defences something to think about, and bag goals! Bent fitted this description and we may not be able to find another of such calibre, but the new man needs to be 'proven'. Murray does tick all the boxes, but I think our chances of getting him are probably slim to zero.

2) Creative midfielder. Tex could have fitted that bill but is proving to be a bit lightweight unfortunately.

3) Boss in midfield. Crofts injury was a major blow.

4) Better quality left and right back cover than we currently have in Chicksen and Calde. Although I put this as the last point as I think the three above are much higher priority.

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
I like COG,and now after a poor start,seems to have found some form.However despite saying ,that he is a professional,and signing a 3 year lucrative contract,he is saying that his family it seems would rather be up north !This should have been sorted before the man signed,and as it stands will never work if his family come first.He must be sold,and ........he will need a wage cut !!!

I think people think he is on more than he actually is.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
An attacking goal scoring midfielder who has the presence to dictate the play.ie another Brian Horton Paul Scholes type, there must be one around.

We've got one in Dale Stephens, he should be returning from his injury later this month.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We've got one in Dale Stephens, he should be returning from his injury later this month.

Until then taking into account originally he was out for 2 weeks and has started light training about 3 times and broken down with set backs each time. So lets judge Stephens, good player when fit, when he is fit and more important match fit, which could be nearly Easter

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Until then taking into account originally he was out for 2 weeks and has started light training about 3 times and broken down with set backs each time. So lets judge Stephens, good player when fit, when he is fit and more important match fit, which could be nearly Easter

Really? I recall at the time of the injury everyone seemed to consider it a pretty serious one. In fact I'm almost certain there was a picture of him in a thick cast. Granted he's had setbacks but I'm sure it won't take him till Easter to be fit and firing again.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
What we need is a goalscoring attacking defensive midfielder/striker who can cover at centre half and full back and is willing to take over in goal so that we can dispense with a keeper on the bench. Plenty of those about.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What we need is a goalscoring attacking defensive midfielder/striker who can cover at centre half and full back and is willing to take over in goal so that we can dispense with a keeper on the bench. Plenty of those about.

Yep, ten a penny, in fact they come so cheap why don't we sign two?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Really? I recall at the time of the injury everyone seemed to consider it a pretty serious one. In fact I'm almost certain there was a picture of him in a thick cast. Granted he's had setbacks but I'm sure it won't take him till Easter to be fit and firing again.

I am fairly certain that after the game they said 2 weeks but couldnt be certain until after a scan. He said he hopes to be back in training end of January Easter is only 8 weeks after then so assuming a couple of DS games then on the bench for a couple could easily be Easter before he starts a 1st team game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here