Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wish you were there

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
I had the chance to get a ticket, but decided not to as its a TREK and I'd have had real difficulties getting to work the next morning.

f*** it, I should've taken the day off and come down. :thud:

Now all I'm hearing is how people will never forget that night and I have missed out big time.:censored:

Why did YOU miss the game?

D

Deleted User X18H

I didn't and so glad out of interest where is a real trek back too??

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
Why are you glad?

Well, it's only Guildford but getting the train there at 6.30 is no fun (especially when drinking the night before).

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Season ticket holder but in Newcastle for work and gutted about missing it.

Instead of the Withdean, I was sitting with a (small) bunch of Geordies in St. James Park watching their truly woeful team lose to Spurs.

Found a pub afterwards showing Sky, so had to watch Tony Cottee explaining what was happening with the penalties! I have to say, the result got a cheer from the pub - not just from me - and I had the real sound of Withdean down a mobile for the final one, so very memorable but still gutting to have seen Walsall, Scunthorpe etc. etc, only to miss that... :nono:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
As some compensation, I saw the mighty Ottawa Senators demolish the Philadelphia Flyers 3-1. No shoot-out required.

During the Albion game itself, though, I was touring an exhibition on Nazi medical experiments at the Canadian War Museum. Sombre stuff indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here