Winger or Striker on loan.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winger or Striker?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A winger - one who delivers the ball quickly and accurately enough to cause havoc in the six yard area that our strikers (or Dunk coming up from the back) may be able to take advantage of.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If we get a winger we'll play him on the wrong wing in the hope he'll cut in and score. What about playing Lua Lua and Solly on their natural side so they can beat a full back and cross the ball for Best/O Grady/Baldock to try and score

Well said.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think it has to be just one more in (5 loans max). In these circumstances it has to be a winger. Just demonstrates once again what a p1ss-poor Jan window we had (and that followed 2 p1ss-poor previous windows). Recruitment was/is a ****ing disaster at this club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think it has to be just one more in (5 loans max). In these circumstances it has to be a winger. Just demonstrates once again what a p1ss-poor Jan window we had (and that followed 2 p1ss-poor previous windows). Recruitment was/is a ****ing disaster at this club.

We only have 4 so could chance 2 loans and leave one out of the squad depending on who is not needed.

Westmead Fan

Jul 17, 2014
its who is available, if the manager is looking for a striker i would see if the young james wilson from man utd needs to get 1st team football, it dosen't look like best, o'grady & cms will be up to it.

it seems all the good players dropping down from the prem that could change games have gone to derby, brighton need a good winger to cross & attack, being linked to shawn wright philips at the transfer window, on form 4-5 years ago would have been good but on currant form is woeful at best

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
We are desperate for wingers its obvious Baldock needs to be played as a striker give him the correct service and hey presto we're scoring goals! Baldocks record is very similar goal wise to Ulloa's

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think we might manage to land an old journeyman, who was once quite good but who hasn't played for months and is injury prone.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
1st priority loan = striker
2nd priority loan = winger
3rd priory loan = central defender....

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
People, we do not need another ****ing striker. We need a wide player who can ****ing well cross a football with accuracy.

Getting another striker in would be like buying a new car and parking it on the drive for every one to see but not putting any ****ing petrol in it.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Entire new squad.

I thought we had loads of strikers - just no-one who is actually very good at it.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
We could potentially get 2 loans in. But a winger is priority, and we need one soon. The games are coming quickly now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports