Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilson...recall?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Van Gaal has already said they are looking to buy a striker in January. Stop worrying.

This. They cannot recall till almost the start of the window. Give their fans a choice between Wilson and a multi million pound full international and I know who they'll go for.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Warren Aspinal very confidently confirmed after the game today that Wilson will be here for the season

Why would he know so much about details of Man U's injuries, transfer targets, and wishes of LVG? LVG will be under fan pressure to recall Wilson to slot onto their bench.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
uploadfromtaptalk1449951147568.jpg

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Stay exactly where you are, Wilson...

article-0-00297C8300000258-988_634x524.jpg

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Van Gaal will get the goooner very soon. New manager will (inevitably) look at who is out on loan and will also be given mega bucks to buy big in the window. If they really are in for Bale, Benzemar and Ronaldo I can see an untried striker like Wilson being forgotten about.

That said Lingard was put straight into the first team after impressing with us. All those who didn't rate him were watching a different player to me.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ring, ring.
" Good evening Brighton & Hove Albion FC"
"Good evening this is Man Utd FC, can you send James Wilson back immediately "
" Sorry, this is a bad line, can't hear you, goodbye "

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
All the time LVG is manager, I feel we are okay.
If he recalls him it is an admission of a f**k up, and he wont do that.
He is so set in his ways,IMHO, he would rather keep on fu**ing up rather than admit he was wrong

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Best for all parties that Wilson stays put. If he keeps banging them in he'll head back to OT in regal form. They will then have a decision to make and so might we.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Irrespective as to how 'bad' Utd are at the moment, their squad will be considerably better in 3 weeks time.
Then even better still in the Summer after Wilson has played week in week out, in a competitive team, scoring for fun.

Him going back would be far to short-termist even by Premier League standards.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The real worry would be LVG getting sacked as I suspect Wilson would then be immediately recalled.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Can't see LVG getting the sack, there's even talk today of him being given an extra year on his contract

I'm sure the majority of United fans will be thrilled. LVG is the polar opposite to Kevin Keegan. Seems they are starting to get the hump regarding his careful tactics.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As I understand it, Wilson cannot be recalled for 28 days. He can be recalled during the January window, but if he isn't then he's with us until the end without recall.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
As I understand it, Wilson cannot be recalled for 28 days. He can be recalled during the January window, but if he isn't then he's with us until the end without recall.

Yep as far as I am aware, that is the size of it. It is actually 2 separate loans. An initial 28 day loan and then a separate loan going to the end of the season; however, the 2nd loan probably hasn't fully been ironed out as yet and there will probably be a recall clause in it.

Even if there wasn't - If Man Utd wanted him back and the player wanted to go, the likelihood is, Brighton would comply simply to ensure good terms are maintained between the clubs just in case we need to look to them again for loans in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here