Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Willy Wonka gone to the chocolate factory in the sky

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Never mind Willy Wonka, he starred in three of the finest Comedy Films ever in Blazing Saddles, The Producers and Young Frankenstein.

Damn Your Eyes - Too Late!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:ohmy:

I did once stand outside Windsor Castle and said to my companion on that occasion "I can't believe the Queen Mother's still going after all these years, surely her time must be nearly up" (or words to that effect).

Walked back to the car, turned the engine on, and over the radio came the solemn words "Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, has died at the age of [whatever]".
That's a bit scary.

Don't mention this to the Queen, if you ever meet her, yeah?
Mum's the word.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
My teens were spent watching Gene in anxious comedy action, and I loved it. My first thought, outside of the obvious classics, was simply his hairstyle some of the way through Woman in Red. There was just something hilarious with his face beneath it. A great.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Two racing drivers died that day, one is hardly remembered.

Raztenberger died the day before Senna.

Back on topic, what a fantastic actor, great to see some love for See No Evil, Hear No Evil, loved that when it was first released.

RIP Gene Wilder.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Young Frankenstein is such a great film. I didn't know Wilder co -wrote it.
There are so many great performances in that film but Hackman's cameo always comes to mind.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So you've got a name for when someone dies on the same day as someone else, and isn't remembered, and the name you've got is of someone who died on a different day, and is remembered. At least I remember.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Young Frankenstein is such a great film. I didn't know Wilder co -wrote it.
There are so many great performances in that film but Hackman's cameo always comes to mind.
Marty Feldman being one, although not exactly a cameo performance. "Walk this way..." Also deserves a belated RIP.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
sad stuff he has finally passed on
Entertained millions over years.

why is the BBC headline "Willy Wonka star Gene Wilder dies" , the guy was a massive talent in many varied films, not just willy wonka......doesnt seems to do the guy justice.
hollywood legend dies would be more apt.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008

And the connection is? two people died, one would have been seen in films by millions of people and his name known pretty much world wide in english speaking countries, the other would get the response "who?" from 99% of the population when you say his name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here