Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Willian off to Saudi

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Cheeky. A fortnight after signing up for another year with Fulham, he’s off to chase the big bucks in the desert. With the Saudi transfer window dragging on deep into September, massive potential for more disruption like this. Hopefully we won’t get any heads turned a month into the season.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Cheeky. A fortnight after signing up for another year with Fulham, he’s off to chase the big bucks in the desert. With the Saudi transfer window dragging on deep into September, massive potential for more disruption like this. Hopefully we won’t get any heads turned a month into the season.
Yes lets hope there's no disruption at our expense.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Having lots of young players leaves us more protected than some

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Willian to FFCtv:
“I’m completely happy. Happy to sign one more year with Fulham. Happy to continue the work that I did last season with all my teammates and the whole club. I think it’s a club that can do even better this season, so I’m happy to continue this amazing adventure.”
PSYCH!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
From a BHA point of view I'm quite glad he's not going to be lining up against us again. He absolutely tore us a new one at the Amex in a Chelsea shirt a few years ago, albeit he's obviously not the player he was back then, but he was really good at Fulham last season.

Surprised at this though. He came back to London from Brazil because of the madness and death threats he was getting over there, he and his family were happy and settled here. I guess the arab pension fund is hard to resist though, when you're at the fag end of your career.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Forest mate told me they were signing him - assumed it had gone through!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Forest mate told me they were signing him - assumed it had gone through!
I've got a mate who supports Al Shabab in Saudi and seen some dark days because they're shithouse, but now he reckons Willian is taking to them to the big time. 100%.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
From a BHA point of view I'm quite glad he's not going to be lining up against us again. He absolutely tore us a new one at the Amex in a Chelsea shirt a few years ago, albeit he's obviously not the player he was back then, but he was really good at Fulham last season.

Surprised at this though. He came back to London from Brazil because of the madness and death threats he was getting over there, he and his family were happy and settled here. I guess the arab pension fund is hard to resist though, when you're at the fag end of your career.
Remember that game well. Unfortunately for us, Hazard was even better than Willian that day, probably the greatest individual performance I’ve seen at the Amex. Coutinho runs it close though!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
With Saudi taking all the cream, it could make teams more beatable and could level the playing field a bit in the Premeir League.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
With Saudi taking all the cream, it could make teams more beatable and could level the playing field a bit in the Premeir League.
They’re not taking all the cream though. So far, with regards to English teams, they’ve paid good money for players that either the clubs wanted to offload or old players.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I see Klopp is complaining about Saudi window being open until mid-September and that UEFA needs to sort it out. Not fair when richer clubs poach your players…….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here