Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Williams Arizona

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Long shot but going to ask: I'll be in Williams Arizona on Saturday - does anyone know if there's a bar there that shows the Premier League?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A shame @AZ Gull isn't posting at the moment. I miss his knowledge of the youth games, but in addition, he may know of the channels available in sports bars in that neck of the woods.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
Blimey!
Visited there about 30 years ago
Are you doing the Route 66?
Did a bungee jump in nearby Flagstaff all those years ago
Sorry can't help you with your request
There was a bloke from Manchester who had a motel there
But as I said,along time ago!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
As usual in the US you don't usually find bars open at 7:00 am when most PL matches are played. Arizona is on Standard time which puts it as the same time as Los Angeles during the winter. During the time the rest of the US is on Standard time Arizona is on Mountain Time, same time as Denver.

Check to see if there is anyone with Peacock or watch NBC, USA network or ESPN+, ESPN Deportes (Espanol).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Blimey!
Visited there about 30 years ago
Are you doing the Route 66?
Did a bungee jump in nearby Flagstaff all those years ago
Sorry can't help you with your request
There was a bloke from Manchester who had a motel there
But as I said,along time ago!
I'm in Vegas for work at the moment and need somewhere to go to decompress before I come home but I think I'll drive Route 66 from there to Williams. I'll do a quick search of motels as see if I find anything that hints at Mancunian ownership - Thanks!

Jul 7, 2003
Given the time difference I think your hotel room is the most likely your best option. I think it was the USA channel which I used to watch the Chelsea home game when I was in the states in October.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I did have the time zone seasons switched. In winter Arizona is Mountain time same as Denver. They don't change their clocks so in summer during the rest of US Daylight Saving time Arizona is on same time as Los Angeles.

Mountain Standard equals Pacific Daylight Saving time.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I'm in Vegas for work at the moment and need somewhere to go to decompress before I come home but I think I'll drive Route 66 from there to Williams. I'll do a quick search of motels as see if I find anything that hints at Mancunian ownership - Thanks!

FYI, when you cross from Nevada into Arizona you change time zones from Pacific Standard to Mountain Standard in winter. 3:00 pm UK time is 7:00 am Nevada time & 8:00 am Arizona time.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

You might ask someone at this bar if they show "soccer" at that early hour. It's a Mexican bar and even in Indiana many of the Mexican restaurants & bars show "soccer" (usually Liga MX from Mexico) and you might get them to show it that early.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here