Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] William Roache

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Sorry about the 'clang' here Dick, but my nephew's (former) prospective Father In Law was the Judge in the case, he clearly couldn't comment publicly but I understand he had a tremendous amount of sympathy for 'Bill' at a time when historic allegations were in vogue.

Bearing in mind the amount of people ITV have distanced themselves from over the years without any conviction, Michael Barrymore and sadly Caroline Flack to name two, I can't see there is any suggestion of guilt regardless of the jury, given the contracts awarded to him since his acquittal.
Then he probably is innocent but my point still stands. A Not Guilty verdict does not mean innocence. Innocence means you didn't do it, Not Guilty means you weren't found guilty of it. If you are found guilty of something you didn't do, you are innocent.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Trivia
His son played an Assistant District Attorney Mike Cutter in Law and Order and also King Ecbert in The Vikings.
Linus Roache

Educated in Chichester, don’t you know.

Been in many great productions. Certainly a better actor than his Pa. He actually played Ken Barlow’s son, Peter on Corrie in the 70’s.

Pedantry button; it’s just Vikings. The Vikings is the 1958 Kirk Douglas movie.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
1FB6ED4D-4509-4ED7-9405-FFCE1068F798.jpeg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Pretty sure when a Jury of 12 people find you not guilty after a thorough court case, it usually means you’re innocent 🤷‍♂️
It can just as easily mean there isn't enough evidence to convict. Plenty of cases never get to court anyway because of lack of evidence when the accused could well be guilty.

And this isn't a comment on this particular case, about which I know absolutely nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here