Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you stop supporting our Premiership team?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think it will be a shame for the 'proper fans'. We will no doubt attract some more JCL and plastics and the 'proper fans' will be further diluted. this is going to be tragic for the club.

My inkling is that the best fans will have a fund raiser, buy withdean and set up a new club for fans with the correct credentials (ticket stubbs from Gillingham, Newcastle, hereford etc etc) who after a indepth exam and interview process may be allowed in to watch.

This way they can sit in the rain at Withdean and rejoice in the fact that they are the best fans in the world.

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
Two factors will influence my decision:
1. Cost. If my season ticket direct debits go up too much I'll be able to afford it but can I justify it? I've got bills to pay, kids to clothe etc.
2. Sky messing about with kick off days & times. I'm pretty strict with my kids & evening games (i.e. not on a school night, they are 7 & 9) & if they miss too many I'll have to think about whether it's worth it. I acknowledge that their season tickets are good value. As for filling the empty seats I've found that half my mates who said "yeah I'll come along for an evening game" aren't so keen when the team isn't playing well.
It'll be a wrench to stop going, especially as I've nurtured two new Albion fanatics over the last two seasons.

Gaviota

Apr 21, 2013
For better or worse, we need to break into the Premier league at some point if we do have any ambitions in the long term as a medium to large sized club. The TV money alone would transform our prospects. Anyway, there'd still be plenty to look forward to. I'd Be quite happy to see us targeting 4th from bottom next year, with the excitement of a couple of surprise wins along the way against the big guns. After that, consolidation and perhaps the prospect one day of European football. Don't buy all the media crap about the Champions league being the only thing that matters… that's a perspective swayed by the supporters of the top clubs. We would have a ball going abroad in the Europa League. Albion versus Ajax, Atletico Madrid or Benfica one day. Yes please.

Exactly, this is a the way forward.
As an example, my spanish team, Real Sociedad, only 3 years ago we were in the second division. We got promoted and the first season just avoided relegation, second season finished 12th. And this year OMG, we have already beaten Barcelona, we are 4th in the league and there is a huge chance for us to play Champions League or Europa league next year.
I hope the Albion achieves the same.(or more)

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Some may fear success and eye it with suspicion but not me.
Ultimate success, established brilliance and taking football to a new high - let's get ready to RUM BALL!

we are super Brighton, from the south

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here