Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you RENEW your season ticket ?

Will you renew your season ticket ?

• Total voters

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ridiculous. If spending the money was worth it at the time, then it was worth it.

Following the club has introduced me to many people, some of whom are now very good friends. It has given me countless brilliant memories (as well as some rubbish ones). Its taken me all over the country, seeing places I’d never otherwise have been. Its given me an utterly CRUCIAL shared interest with my two sons.

Why would any of that which has gone before be devalued in any way, just because we haven’t won many games this season? It’s an utterly preposterous position to take.

Thanks for that. Cricket has given me exactly the same experiences. I have met some great people at football, but my life does not Center around Brighton and Hove Albion.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Of the existing roughly 21k STHs I can see 15k renewing , 3k deciding to pick and choose which games to attend and 3k either giving up altogether or perhaps going to 3 or 4 games max.

Very optimistic if we have 15k renewals - especially in lge1 - Barber would be delighted with that many renewing after this woeful season!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
This Sunday coming.
Oh I see. I've been on holiday and haven't been checking in as much as usual.
I voted yes but it depends on prices around the ground for me. Taking 2 kids along means a hefty shell out and I enjoy a pie and a pint or 3. So if the beers and pies go up, the ticket prices go up, then I might not renew and just pay match by match in a cheaper area. Currently in ESU. Although I imagine they would not disclose the catering prices yet. Which brings me to my point earlier. That we should all know in advance, the prices of everything, pies programmes the lot before we decide to renew.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Now there is where you and I differ, as I enjoy golf immeasurably more than football at the moment even when playing in the pissing rain and gale force winds.

I am very much a realist when it comes to watching brighton as I have only seen us play in the top flight for 4 years in the 40 odd years, so I am used to watching a 3rd division club occasionally flirting with the second division and sometimes scarily bobbling about in the fourth division. We have had decent managers come and go, Peter Taylor, Alan Mullery, Chris cattlin, mark McGhee, Gus Poyet, but never exceptional managers. We had a few exceptional players in that time, lawrenson, worthington, robinson ( not john) foster, ward, Mortimer ...and even saw martin chivers and Frank Stapleton play for brighton for a while, Zamora and gotsmanov and of course the all too brief Vicente.

Yes it is fantastic having a shiny new ground, but as with most new things, the novelty wears off and no one can argue it is a fantastic ground, but if that ground proves to be a financial millstone around our necks, which by our current financial plight, it may well be, then it may well go against us. The " right on" let's be nice to our visitors with their own beer, pictures of their players scattered around and their own colours projected into their concourse is just cringeworthy and we need to be nasty *******s that clubs do not like to come to brighton, like we were at withdean.

So to reiterate I will probably renew as it has become a habit, but if next few seasons we are in the 3 rd division again and tickets are very easy to come by, then I will certainly not bother.

You don't have to be a season ticket holder to be a real fan, which a lot of the arguments on here seem to be suggesting.

I started supporting Brighton at the time where it was considered a lost generation, I was 10 when we lost the Goldstone and only visited a handful of times when my Dad could be arsed to take me. I then started traverling to Gillingham with my Step Dad and attended pretty much every home match at Gillingham, what an introduction to football... Then throughout my teens and into my early twenties I went to Withdean and paid for myself to go to games I dont regret any of it and as a long time fan such as yourself I cant believe why you would consider walking away now when it was poor only 5-6 years ago.

Withdean was not a place to go and see mates or make a day of it and it was considered probably more of a chore and a duty than the fun of going to games, yes we had some great times but it was still pretty grim. Now personally I make a day of it, meet up with friends and different people before and after the game and quite frankley its a pleasure, even if the football has been a bit pony this season. If you think back and think of all those times you longed for Falmer, what would your then self told you now? for me I wouldnt believe it, we were quite frankly spoilt for the frst 3 seasons at the AMEX and the club have let it slip big time this season, but give them the chance to fix it, dont just walk away after one crap season.

As for your point on making away fans not welcome, I'm not sure how that impacts what goes on, on the pitch, personally It would be much nicer if other grounds followed suit. its crap travelling around the country especially in winter in huge queues and being booted straight out into the rain after a match. Its one thing the club have got consistantly right IMO and in no way can I see trying to offer value for money to away fans impacts how the away team will perform.

Thanks for that. Cricket has given me exactly the same experiences. I have met some great people at football, but my life does not Center around Brighton and Hove Albion.

You see, I'm very much with your thought process.

And this is why:
It's not about the results or the performance on the pitch, we've sat (stood pre 97) through far worse in far worse conditions than now, it's about the performance and results of those behind the scenes.
I honestly feel that those making decisions regarding recruitment and release of players have let us (me) down.
The ONLY one I agree with was the sale of Leo, we are Brighton and Hove Albion, we ARE a selling club and £8 million was a figure we could not have turned down.
I (we) have watched crap footballers playing crap football for years, but they cared, they tried and that permeated into the stands, the stands where we all knew that the man, woman, child next to you was a Brighton fan, they must have been as there would be NO other reason to be there quite frankly.
I have become disconnected with the Club I once cared passionately about, as have a fair few others I know.
You only have to look at the likes of Das Reich and Return of The Rev to understand this. these people have been supporting the club for a hell of a lot longer than I have. Think of them what you will because of what they post on here but never doubt their credentials as Brighton fans.
It's just not the Brighton and Hove Albion I fell in love with, and quite frankly I'm weighing up if the money I spend because I want to could be better spent on doing the other things I have always fancied doing but never really getting round to.

So I'm undecided.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thanks for that. Cricket has given me exactly the same experiences..

Okay, so to follow your argument - say you didn't enjoy your last season playing cricket - your fitness was a constant issue, and your performances tailed off - would that make you question the time and money invested over the previous thirty years?

That's the part of your comment I found daft.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You only have to look at the likes of Das Reich and Return of The Rev to understand this. these people have been supporting the club for a hell of a lot longer than I have. Think of them what you will because of what they post on here but never doubt their credentials as Brighton fans.

I've seen nothing in what those two (and a few others like them) post that suggests their issues are with Brighton and Hove Albion. they both dislike 'modern football', whatever you quantify that as. They both just pine for the mythical 'old days', when 'everything' was better.

I've seen nothing in what those two (and a few others like them) post that suggests their issues are with Brighton and Hove Albion. they both dislike 'modern football', whatever you quantify that as. They both just pine for the mythical 'old days', when 'everything' was better.

Then you should read between the lines and look closer, especially in Revs case.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill

And this is why:
It's not about the results or the performance on the pitch, we've sat (stood pre 97) through far worse in far worse conditions than now, it's about the performance and results of those behind the scenes.
I honestly feel that those making decisions regarding recruitment and release of players have let us (me) down.
The ONLY one I agree with was the sale of Leo, we are Brighton and Hove Albion, we ARE a selling club and £8 million was a figure we could not have turned down.
I (we) have watched crap footballers playing crap football for years, but they cared, they tried and that permeated into the stands, the stands where we all knew that the man, woman, child next to you was a Brighton fan, they must have been as there would be NO other reason to be there quite frankly.
I have become disconnected with the Club I once cared passionately about, as have a fair few others I know.
It's just not the Brighton and Hove Albion I fell in love with, and quite frankly I'm weighing up if the money I spend because I want to could be better spent on doing the other things I have always fancied doing but never really getting round to.

So I'm undecided.

Spot on!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I would imagine renewals will be a major part of Paul Barber's programme notes tomorrow.

(I say that with absolutely no knowledge of whether they will be or not)

Does that mean that tomorrow's programme will come in three bound volumes? The man will never use a sentence if he can get away with a paragraph!

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007

And this is why:

So I'm undecided.

I couldn't have said it better.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Okay, so to follow your argument - say you didn't enjoy your last season playing cricket - your fitness was a constant issue, and your performances tailed off - would that make you question the time and money invested over the previous thirty years?

That's the part of your comment I found daft.

To a certain degree it has as I know of many times where there has been choices about holidays and playing cricket, especially the money spent on cricket tours etc...and using annual vacation etc.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I can't believe you mean that, Dave.
The memories I've got from following the Albion since the early 60's are worth every penny I've spent and more.
**** it, the emotion I felt in the opening League match at the Amex was priceless.

In the end though, it's all about the people. I consider myself lucky enough to be "friends, football friends" with both sams dad and the artist formerly known as Dave the Gaffer. Splendid fellows, the pair of you! There's a hundred others I meet on matchdays and hold in equally high esteem. The football itself is neither here nor there in many ways. Was certainly the case in H Block where we used to make our own entertainment during what was invariably a good pub session, spoiled by that dull bit in the middle when you had to go to football. :lol:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
As for your point on making away fans not welcome, I'm not sure how that impacts what goes on, on the pitch, personally It would be much nicer if other grounds followed suit. its crap travelling around the country especially in winter in huge queues and being booted straight out into the rain after a match. Its one thing the club have got consistantly right IMO and in no way can I see trying to offer value for money to away fans impacts how the away team will perform.

The club deserves more credit for the effort it goes into making life better for Away fans in terms of being allowed to drink, guest beers, making them feel welcome and comfortable. The idea that fans should be kicked out into the rain and made to stand in a compound for half an hour surrounded by barbed wire before being marched to the station (ie: life for albion fans on mar 17th after the visit to the Den) is archaic and should be left in the last century. . Compare the Albion to Brentford, Charlton, Palace etc. Its now an impressive and worthwile thing that a few clubs have started to imitate and all credit to the club for improving this side of things.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
no, not by a long way, I SPOKE TOO PEOPLE TWO YEARS AGO WHO HAD ENOUGH , it's a steady decline UNDER CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCES, 10k hard core i would say
regards
DR

Hey Das, you're a bit quiet tonight.

Sorry about todays result but with a bit of luck we will lose against Leeds and carry on with the campaign to destroy the albion! :thumbsup:

oh and :whistle:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Out of our little group of 8 in West Stand Lower 3 are not renewing which is 37.5% non renewals so if this is carried through out the entire crowd that would mean 8250 non renewals. PB and TB would have major problems.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Out of our little group of 8 in West Stand Lower 3 are not renewing which is 37.5% non renewals so if this is carried through out the entire crowd that would mean 8250 non renewals. PB and TB would have major problems.
Out of our group of 4 in North stand 2 not renewing which is 50% non renewals

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here