Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you RENEW your season ticket ?

Will you renew your season ticket ?

• Total voters

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Your right, there are quite a few supporters who drive from distance, I often see cars on the M4 from Wales and the West and do link up sometimes from several guys from the Gloucester area who come down for games and are season ticket holders. If I attend a mid week game, I leave at 2pm, and get home about 1 am. Saturdays are a 10am to 9pm 450 mile round trip. I just find its getting that bit harder to do as i'm getting older.

I wish the powers to be could see the passion some supporters put in to following their team. At the whim of the goggle box those supporters are not really considered when the time and date of matches are changed in an instant to suit the armchair fan. Season ticket holders really are buying a product they are not sure they can enjoy to the full.

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
No sadly - finding myself too busy on a Saturday to make a ST cost effective - will pick and choose games whatever Div we in

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Voted undecided. Been supporting Albion since 1979, but now live away from Sussex so every Amex game takes 7 hours out of my Saturday. Go straight to midweek games from work in London, which is a right pain and means a very late night getting home. The football this season hasn’t been worth making that amount of effort for – not just us, not seen many decent visiting teams either, it’s all men behind the ball and time wasting. I think this is probably the poorest standard of second tier football I’ve ever seen, excitement-wise. I’m now ticking off most of the fixtures, rather than looking forward to them.

Will probably make a decision game by game next year. This has nothing to do with the division we’ll be in, as I still believe we have enough about us to stay up. Would just rather spend more time with my family, and come to football when I want to, rather than because I’ve already paid for it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Yes to my ST but I also have one for my Daughter who has recently changed jobs and so will only be able to make some games. Can afford to renew but may not renew hers as there are always spare seats around us and so I could pay per game and she would still sit with 'our gang'

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I have been a season ticket holder since the first season at Gillingham, and this in spite of living in Gibraltar for 9 years during this period. There are no practical, financial or personal reasons for me to not renew. So its a no-brainer irrespective of the division we're in.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Nope. People will have various reasons for not renewing. Finance, changes in circumstances etc.

Nothings changed for me in that respect though, so speaking personally, I have absolutely no reason not to renew. My support has never been dependent on what division we are in, how cack the preceding season has been, or what I think of the CEO.

I'll be there in August. Business as usual.

Me too.

I've been a STH since the 70s and have only not renewed twice when I couldn't afford it in the 80s.

Neither the standard of our football, nor the division we're in, have ever had a bearing on it. My view is that my ticket has never had anything printed on it that promised me good or successful football, so I don't expect it. When it happens, it's a bonus!

Others will have different views on what we should expect and what we deserve and I understand that, but that's just not how I look at it.

Jan 30, 2008
Simple question, the letters will go out shortly so are you going to renew ? Yes - definitely no matter what including any price increase, Undecided - wait to see what happens on the pitch or how much they will be or No - Definitely not, had enough
what took you so long ,most clued up people realised that a while ago
regards
DR

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes.

I reckon another 2/3k drop off.

I think we'll see more corporate blocks dropping off. I know I few business owners who purchased their entitled block of four at the opening of The Amex who can't actually get people to use their tickets. I think the drop this year will be nearer the 5k mark.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I voted yes, but it concerns me that 27% have voted either no or undecided. 56 votes is not exactly representative but it's a big percentage considering cancelling especially as we can be sure that the rest of the season is going to be pretty grim...

I wonder how the many thousands of fans who are not NSCers would vote...? Genuine question. Does NSC accurately reflect the rest of the STH fanbase?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I wonder how the many thousands of fans who are not NSCers would vote...? Genuine question. Does NSC accurately reflect the rest of the STH fanbase?

No idea but if it does the club are in trouble. Judging by the only other thing I have available, the area around where I sit, I'd say 25% reduction is not beyond the realms of possibility. The numbers of empty spaces around me in recent weeks is frightening...

Jan 30, 2008
no, not by a long way, I SPOKE TOO PEOPLE TWO YEARS AGO WHO HAD ENOUGH , it's a steady decline UNDER CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCES, 10k hard core i would say
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
I've voted no, but I'll explain why.

This ISN'T a protest or a statement about The Board, Paul Barber or The Amex.

It's a choice.

I've been a season ticket holder since the first season back at Withdean, my Son's have had a ticket for every season at The Amex, with me.

The both play football, hockey, cricket and have their own interest on top of this. I've spent the last two seasons, at least, rushing around on a Saturday to get to football, after watching them train, play etc. I love this and don't want anything to get in the way of it and local football is easier to get too, cheaper (although that's not my reason for not buying a ST), and more time convenient.

I'll still come to the odd game as many friends have tickets or I can buy one.

Would I do this if we were in The EPL, no, possibly not, but we're not and at THIS time of my life I've made a choice, that is all. Up the Albion!
you don't have to explain anything .
regards
DR

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
No idea but if it does the club are in trouble. Judging by the only other thing I have available, the area around where I sit, I'd say 25% reduction is not beyond the realms of possibility. The numbers of empty spaces around me in recent weeks is frightening...

Seems to be a different story where we sit, most people are renewing, a couple are undecided as yet, but mainly due to work commitments rather than what is happening on/off the pitch. We've got a mate who wants to move from where he sits to join us but it's proving difficult to find a seat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here