Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you renew your season ticket if/when we get relegated?

Don't think many have answered the actual question.

IF we get relegated, that's not really an issue for me - as others have said, seen a lot worse in my time following the Albion! But unlike any point in The last 2 decades, I'm now considering not renewing as a STH because I can pick and choose. Currently I waste a lot of tickets because of number of reasons. So I'm looking to cut down those and the fall in numbers relegation will inevitably bring means Ill be able to do this. So sort of going back to Goldstone days when I could just decide on the day...ow for a return to them days. Before a PHD in social arrangements was necessary to attend a football game!

You'll miss out on the discount that season ticket holders enjoy, of course, but the Club will enjoy the benefit of the full-price tickets that they will sell. The overall financial effects could well work out as neutral. Buying tickets on a match by match basis seems to me to give the Club an incentive to put together a winning team to minimise fan absenteeism.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Can't answer until the end of the season.

If I felt we deserved to go down and did our best to stay up, then almost definitely yes.

If we continue to subjected to crap football with managers trying to play their system instead of picking a system suited to the squad available, then 100% no.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Of course.....
This a trillion times over. You either love your team or you don't.... I've been captivated by watching the Albion for 64 years... I've passed on my devotion to my son and his son... and I know we'll be all be there to infinity... luv'em to bits!

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Probably not unless it was significantly cheaper, it will be easy enough to go to whatever games you want anyway so id probably pick and choose

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One of my sons cannot make midweek games and although he hasnt said so I think he would reconsider and just buy tickets for each Saturday game, I am sure that there are many in the same situation irrespective of which division we are in. The need for a season ticket is not so desperate now with increased capacity.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Yes and another 3 from my family.

I didn't sit at Withdean watching football on a wet day like today and looking forward to a new stadium, to then stop going.
Don't think we will be relegated anyway.

Really, i bet your like me, i go to get out of Sompting for the day.....and you to get out of Newhaven :)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Really, i bet your like me, i go to get out of Sompting for the day.....and you to get out of Newhaven :)

Not strictly true, another NSC user and all round good bloke invited me to a fine Newhaven drinking establishment before the last home game, I have been past this place loads of times but never been in, but it's full of decent Albion fans before and after the match, and I'm looking forward to another visit this Saturday.

I also enjoy a pint at the AMEX after the match.

If I didn't go to matches I would only get talked in to working.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Haven't got one at the moment because I have three small kids and live in Essex...not really viable.

However when I can reliably bring one or more of my kids without having them bored to tears then plan to renew whichever league were in. I enjoyed Withdean at the time so without doubt would enjoy the Amex with no queues for beers and pies.

Jan 30, 2008
This thread reminds me of the Berlin bunker in 1945 in the film Downfall , fair play if you're going to renew but this isn't a reflection on what a lot of people are going to do???
regards
DR

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here