Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you renew your Argus subscription now that Michael Beard has resigned?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The website traffic is very good, but they struggle to monetise it.

For a brief period of time on The Argus site that "You might also want to read..." grid of other articles displayed how many people had read each of them. If they were correct, our articles on our more structured content section get more eyeballs than theirs do and I have no doubt that NSC's main forum receives many more times traffic than the Argus Albion section also.

It's difficult to understand how the economics stack up for them.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I used to have the Argus delivered daily but as time went on I found I never read anything but the back page and more often than not this was albion news that had been covered on NSC and other online sources the day before so I was no longer that interested in it. Now all news stories are broken on Twitter way before you can read about them in print.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Because it costs about a third of a price of a cup of coffee? It's a shame people don't support local journalism - you're not really being asked to pay that much.
Thats a good point but it's easy to see why people wouldn't feel inclined to pay for the privilege of reading The Argus (as an example) with it as it is.

Of course, if no-one buys it then the quality is likely to diminish further, leading to even lower sales...vicious circle really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here