Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Will you Grow your Hair Out or Will You Do it Yourself?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Been a happy pony-tailer for more than ten years now. Just hack off a few inches when it gets to long; hacked it off a bit too short last time, but it's growing back fine!

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I've been a diy-er since about the age of 20. Used to just use scissors then invested in electric clippers so now do a combination of both.

People were so impressed with the results of my efforts that I've had quite a number of non paying "clients" over the years requesting my services, both male and female with varying degrees of success.

I did do a work colleague's many years ago which resulted in me inadvertently curing him of his long held complex about his sticking out ears. I'd never done his hair before and he asked me to cut it "over the ears" by which I understood to mean "above the ears". When I promptly snipped off the hair covering his ears he was quite distraught and explained his ear complex which he had never previously spoken about. Despite me trying to reassure him that his ears were fine he left obviously deeply traumatised and clearly regretted having asked me to cut his hair.

However when I next saw him a few days later he really thanked me as he'd had a lot of positive feedback for ditching his somewhat dated covering the ears hairstyle and going for a much more stylish look. He'd also not received any negative comments about his perceived "jug ears" (they really weren't that bad). From that day onwards he continued to sport a hairstlye which unashamedly exposed his ears. If it hadn't been for my error it could have been a complex he had secretly been harbouring over thirty years later.

He did however never ask me to cut his hair again.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Going to get the Mrs to shave mine in a couple of weeks after having a no 1 for years. She wouldn't be confident to give me a no 1 so told her she can hack it all off then shave it. Don't care what it looks like for a couple days, it will grow and it's not that we will be going out anywhere. In my youth my hair used to be like Peter Wards........not any more.:clap:

Jul 7, 2003
I've already told Mrs DCH that I'm looking forward to growing my hair out over the next few weeks. I'm hoping to revive the 80's poodle rocker look from my youth but fear I'll just look like some kind of hobo.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Been clippering my own for 22 years. Hair started thinning when I was 19.. I'm only 41. I've had no hair for more of my life than I've had it.

Saved a fortune on hairdressers and shampoo but spend a bit on hats in winter and suncream in summer....

Swings and roundabouts and all that.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Really should have seen this coming and got my hair cut, by the time we are allowed out I will look like Mick Miller.

I'm in the same boat. I should have got my hair cut a couple of weeks ago. There's usually quite a long gap between me thinking about getting it cut and actually making the effort to go to the barber. Oh well, I'm sure I'll look wonderful with long, flowing locks.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Might do mine myself now - then by the time we're allowed out again, it will be ready to be cut properly.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I was due a haircut today, but it didn't happen. It's on the longer side anyway, so I might be heading towards a ponytail. Is there any sort of elastic band anyone can recommend?

Incidentally, does anyone know why they call it a ponytail? Because when you look underneath it you know you're going to find a horse's ar5e........... this is a JOKE, and not necessarily the opinions of the management.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Told Mrs Earle today that I'm going to grow out my nose hair as a covid19 preventative measure but, judging by her reaction, I think she'd rather I take my chances with the virus!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Have cut my own since about 16... but now i can't go anywhere i may be a bit more daring... try a number 2 all over or do a Mr T for a laugh... Still may have the odd skype call at work though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here