Will you buy a BHA share from Dick Knight?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you buy any of Dick's BHA shares?

• No, I will not.

Votes: 39 27.7%
  • Yes. I will purchase one share so I can own a part of the club I love.

Votes: 64 45.4%
  • I will purchase more than 1 share (please state why).

Votes: 38 27.0%

• Total voters

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I would buy some because of the warm feeling of owning a teeny weeny small part of MY football club, for no reason other than that.

I guess I'd do the same for each of my kids too.

I would prefer to buy from the club so that the money directly benefited the club, although I appreciate it would be a very small drop in what is now a very big ocean in terms of the club's present-day finances.

Hear, hear Bozza, although I think on presentation of her shares my daughter will give me a look comparable to if I'd just shat in her handbag.

Apologies if I've missed it reported anywhere, but would I be right in thinking that DK will trouser all the dough raised from the share sale? (After deductions of course)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I would buy some because of the warm feeling of owning a teeny weeny small part of MY football club, for no reason other than that.

I guess I'd do the same for each of my kids too.

I would prefer to buy from the club so that the money directly benefited the club, although I appreciate it would be a very smallry big ocean in terms of the club's present-day finances.

Error duplicate post

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I'll be buying a few. Just so I can own a very very small amount of OUR club. I'm going to consider my shares to be one blade of grass at the Amex.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Apologies if I've missed it reported anywhere, but would I be right in thinking that DK will trouser all the dough raised from the share sale? (After deductions of course)

I believe so - so if he sells all one million he'd have done very well with all the book sales that would entail as well

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm down with a fiddy's worth, i reckon. I'll bring them along and demand a percentage off of the average price of a veggie pie, kicking up a fuss if i'm denied the right to have ninepence off. And i'll do that week in week out until i either die or sell my right to strop to an Arabian relative i haven't yet got.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I believe so - so if he sells all one million he'd have done very well with all the book sales that would entail as well

Surely nobody (who wasn't already intending to) will buy the book, just to get the share form? Somebody will scan it and post it here for anyone to run off a copy. After all, even people who actually have the physical book, are going to copy the relevant page rather than cut it out, surely?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
You're all forgetting something because in the Argus it states you have to tell the potless pillock a synopsis of your Albion supporting history to ensure shares go to 'genuine' fans

The question is SHIRLEY whether you're selling ARS shares.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Surely nobody (who wasn't already intending to) will buy the book, just to get the share form? Somebody will scan it and post it here for anyone to run off a copy. After all, even people who actually have the physical book, are going to copy the relevant page rather than cut it out, surely?

Depends if they are willing to accept copies. It might just be a piece of paper at the back that is ready to be torn out for all anybody knows at the minute and that is the form you have to use. This genuinely strikes me as a ploy to get people to buy the book so if one person copies the page and distributes it via here and they accept that then it would defy the whole point. Guess we won't know until more details are released.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Each form MUST shirley have a serial number on it so it cant be used more than once - if not then its a pretty big cock-up and will result in lower book sales.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Does anyone know what percentage share of the Albion does Knight actually own?

I know that Bloom has 90% but I would presume the last 10% is held by a good few.

The breakdown has been on here a number of times but I can't find it at the moment. 1.5% rings a bell. The remaining 10% are held by around a dozen people.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Depends if they are willing to accept copies. It might just be a piece of paper at the back that is ready to be torn out for all anybody knows at the minute and that is the form you have to use. This genuinely strikes me as a ploy to get people to buy the book so if one person copies the page and distributes it via here and they accept that then it would defy the whole point. Guess we won't know until more details are released.

Each form MUST shirley have a serial number on it so it cant be used more than once - if not then its a pretty big cock-up and will result in lower book sales.

Fair points. Bear in mind though, that a large % of the 'book' sales will be electronic copies...

Jan 30, 2008
who's the winner out of all this , obviously playing on peoples sentiments i feel, NOT INTERESTED IN THE BOOK OR THE SHARES
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports