Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

will you be displaying the flag of St George at work during the world cup

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
We have been banned from attaching the flag to our fork lift trucks because one of the Polish workers complained that it is racist !

:wrong:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You love it really. Would have been inconvenient if no one had objected.

Why do you love feeling indignant? What do you get out of it?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I doubt anybody will drape flags over their computers but there are tellys all over our office so no doubt the flag of St George will be regularly visible during the World Cup

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
I'd tell him to f*** OFF if he didn't like it.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
it is not racist it is being purely patriotic and surely a polish chap living/working in england should expect to see such items and i would suggest that he is the racist one for even commenting on it imho, would you go to another country and complain if their country's flag was displayed - would you f***.

on the subject of this thread, i am a full time carer for my disabled mrs and as such my work is at home, and i told my lovely woman that i would be looking to get myself a big st georges flag to put outside on the front of our house - she came home from town the other day with an 8ft x 5ft item!!!!! then i get home from the match today to find she has also today got me a more modest one fro the albion shop with an albion badge in the middle.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
why should i feel annoyed about it ? what do you think i get out of it ?

You get to feel righteous and have an opportunity to mount your hobby horse.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Our Co-op in Haywards Heath has plenty of England flags in the window and big flags throughout the shop, and to hell with anyone who tells us to take them down:wave:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
yes, but then I work for the council and we have a big one on a flagpole :)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Could you not equally say he is racist for not allowing you to put your England flag up? Piss take.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
:lol:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Tell the individual in question that you feel the same way about the Polish flags and heradic icons that surround the permanent memorial to the Katyn massacre that exists in Clifton Cathederal. Sooner we get rid of all flags the better eh?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Actually I'm just going to come out and say this, THIS IS ENGLAND and you should be allowed to celebrate your nationality, Tell the polish wanker to f*** off back to polska or wherever the git comes from. :angry:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
If you're not allowed to put them on your fork lift truck, then make up for it by flying them from every corner of your English council house.

That'll learn Johnny Foreigner...:wrong:

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
the whole polish thing is the same made up bollox idiots who use the red hand would post.

My house will fly the Flag for the World Cup,I LOVE the fact an English Asian retailer imported the flags that helped take back and made acceptable to normal people,the flag of my country,The flag that had been dragged into the gutter after being hijacked by nazi scum.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Just like your St George's Flag anecdote, I heard that we aren't allowed to teach Baa Baa Black Sheep in our schools any more. Because it's deemed to be racist by the bleeding heart liberals. Another example of political correctness gone mad. Etc.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Just like your St George's Flag anecdote, I heard that we aren't allowed to teach Baa Baa Black Sheep in our schools any more. Because it's deemed to be racist by the bleeding heart liberals. Another example of political correctness gone mad. Etc.

And another example of the bullshit and lies put up by twats.no law has been passed or even council bylaw banning Baa Baa Blacksheep.same as no one has ever banned the word Blackmail.

But grow some balls,my job is being stolen by Czech workers.they will be at my place of work soon, I will wear what I want,Fly what I want and despite the management insisting on full co-operation for my redundancy pay I aint going to train them in anything more involved than finding the company bogs.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
the whole polish thing is the same made up bollox idiots who use the red hand would post.

My house will fly the Flag for the World Cup,I LOVE the fact an English Asian retailer imported the flags that helped take back and made acceptable to normal people,the flag of my country,The flag that had been dragged into the gutter after being hijacked by nazi scum.

are you suggesting i am racist ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here