Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you be booing Potter and Chelsea on Saturday?

Will you be booing Potter and/or Chelsea

• Total voters

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Talk about disrespectful and a lack of self-awareness. So he’d have been fine here, no pressure of being sacked if he’d stayed with us. Has he even met Tony Bloom? What manager would come out with something like that?
A wanker

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whilst being pretty pissed off, no make that very pissed off, with the way GP left I never expected the vitriol towards him to escalate to the level of certain players leaving Clubs. Lampard, Ince, Lallana from Saints maybe, Ferdinand and Adebayor spring to mind. What other manager has had this much hate directed at him by what seems a fairly large section of a fan base about the way he left?. I doubt any has stripped a complete coaching team and come back for one of the hierarchy too though.

Personally I find it surprising and a bit OTT, that it seems to be worsening, given that we may now have a manager who looks like he could well be an upgrade.

I will always hold GP in contempt for the way he left and the timing but will always recognise what a massive impact he also had in a good way prior to his departure. Seems some are even suggesting that he wasn’t all that, which I strongly disagree with.

Last edited:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Whilst being pretty pissed off, no make that very pissed off, with the way GP left I never expected the vitriol towards him to escalate to the level of certain players leaving Clubs. Lampard, Ince, Lallana from Saints maybe, Ferdinand and Adebayor spring to mind. What other manager has had this much hate directed at him by what seems a fairly large section of a fan base about the way he left?. I doubt any has stripped a complete coaching team and come back for one of the hierarchy too though.

Personally I find it surprising and a bit OTT, that it seems to be worsening, given that we may now have a manager who looks like he could well be an upgrade.

I will always hold GP in a contempt for the way he left and the timing but will always recognise what a massive impact he also had in a good way prior to his departure. Seems some are even suggesting that he wasn’t all that, which I strongly disagree with.
Agree with most of this. Annoyed and sad he left when he did, but we need to be careful not to end up with an Animal Farm like revision of history.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset

I will always hold GP in contempt for the way he left and the timing but will always recognise what a massive impact he also had in a good way prior to his departure. Seems some are even suggesting that he wasn’t all that, which I strongly disagree with.
The thing that i cant understand is that he was literally building a legacy that would have gone down in B&HAFC history , probably as a defining moment that saw us become more than an also ran . Tony would have helped him and backed him all the way , not many managers ever get the opportunity to do what they want when they want and how they want without an interfering DOF/CEO or Chairman , he had the full support of both Bloom and Barber .

Instead he decided the money , and lets not kid ourselves it was the money , if it was Euro competition he wanted , he was well on the way to making it happen with us . So imho he screwed the pooch not by leaving but , as most agree , how he left and took all the family silver , with a promise/threat to return in January to take what is left .

When Danny scored from the spot against Arsenal in the cup he didn`t celebrate , out of respect to his former club and friends , Potter has shown no such respect and will walk all over his old club and friends to further his own interests . If that`s not a total tool i don`t know what is .

P.S. Still havn`t stopped booing :mad:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I was privvy to some WAGS selfies taken at the San Siro when Chelsea played and Mrs Rachel Potter has definitely had an eye lift.

It's like when Brendan Rogers struck gold and became Liverpool manager - because he was out of his depth as well he got his teeth whitened, got a perma sun tan, lost weight and left the marital home for a 30 year old club employee.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
He was good for us at a good time. CH had lost his way and GP came in with a new philosophy. I disagree with you though that it was a massive impact; for two seasons there was minimal progress in terms of results; many managers would probably have got the sack. Had we not won 4 early on last season, I think the pressure for sack at Xmas would have been high after no wins since September. And 3 of the 4 wins - Burnley A, Brentford A, Leicester H - were fortunate. We could well have been staring at one win by Christmas.

A little blip then 6 defeats on the spin before the light came on; drop Maupay and play Caicedo (and Mwepu came back from injury). Magic: last 8 games W5 D2 L1. Before that, 34 points from 30 games, aiming for traditional spot in bottom 6.

Massive impact? I don't think so. Lucky that we bought Caicedo, slow (by his own admission) to play him. He takes credit for leading us to 9th in his BBC interview. Methinks, he overplays his hand and we are too generous to him; the recruitment team should take a bow.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don’t think it helps, that he continues to make snide comments about the club.
They aren't going away anytime soon, his thinskinitis means every personal criticism he faces he NEEDS to self-aggrandise and the only way he can do that is belittling lil old Brighton.

Nobody is praying harder than GPott for this little form bubble to burst, so he can keep telling everyone how easy it was for him.

Last edited:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
RDZ has done everything you'd want from a new manager. Potter has done everything you wouldn't want from a departed one. RDZ has played a blinder. Potter has had a nightmare.
I hope he gets the Chelsea fans on board because I think the whole thing is becoming a bit sad, and it's almost all his doing. His recent comments especially have felt incredibly petty and I'm begining to wonder if he's cracking up under the pressure.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Don’t think it’s been covered but how do you think potter would have acted at the Amex had Chelsea turned us over 4-1? I can’t imagine it being low key based on the atmosphere / emotion on the day

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe the thread title should be changed to “Will you be booing Chelsea and Potter every time you see his face” This is going to run and run to Scott McGleish is a wanker is a wanker levels I think :wink:

I don’t actually wish failure on him but Christ he’s behaved like a dick towards us since he left. Surprising tbh.

Does anyone still believe the farewell waffle he wrote?

Last edited:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
RDZ has done everything you'd want from a new manager. Porter has done everything you wouldn't want from a departed one. RDZ has played a blinder. Porter has had a nightmare.
I hope he gets the Chelsea fans on board because I think the whole thing is becoming a bit sad, and it's almost all his doing. His recent comments especially have felt incredibly petty and I'm begining to wonder if he's cracking up under the pressure.
I think he is suffering from the pressure and its affecting him badly. Tough. He'll have to deal with that and spend more time at home with his money eventually.

Did he really expect his behaviour to be accepted and excused? Did he really have such a low regard for our club all this time? What a prick he must be.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Potter in Times yesterday:

Whingeing about criticism of him and team at Chelsea, say it is unfair to judge him and the team: “we are on a new direction, new path, and ultimately that is part of the challenge.”

He continues:

“If I wanted a nice easy life, I could quite easily have stayed working at Brighton and signed a new contract and been absolutely OK. And I wouldn’t have had too many questions about myself, or pressure or sacking or anything like that.”

Complacent or what? Too thin-skinned to last the pace IMO. Be bleating about paying customers booing and shouting ‘shoot’ next….
Sounds to me, reading between the lines, as though he believes that he was too big a talent for Brighton, that the Brighton job was a breeze for someone with his attributes and that he has now reached his rightful level???

Reactions: cjd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here