Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Wigan survive?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Villa are beatable, it's Arsenal that's the tricky one. I'm 50/50 on whether they can come out on top at the Emirates. Saturday's performance suggest it's doable though.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I hope they do, if only for the fact that in doing so they will condemn Arsenal to 5th position. Arsenal have been fannying around for far too long now and, for the good of football, need to wake up.

Without going into an Arsenal defensive (which I inevitably will now!!), their net spend over Wenger's whole reign is apparently something like £50m. Thats basically spending of £2.9m a year when divided by his years in charge.

Here is the Premier League table alternate top 10, by net spend, for figures over the past five seasons, from 2007/08 to 2011/12. With Arsenal, it is worth noting this is before they sold RVp for £24m and Song for £15m, thus dropping their figure even more.

Manchester City: £430.77 million

Chelsea: £159.7 million

Liverpool: £99.25 million

Sunderland: £57.6 million

Tottenham Hotspur: £49.4 million

Manchester United: £47.25 million

Swansea City: £8.25 million

Everton: £5 million

Newcastle United: -£30.25 million

Arsenal: -£31.3 million

So, personally, I would say their 'fannying about' to stay within their budget and pay off their stadium legitimately is pretty good fannying about.

That was a defensive...wasn't it. I can't help it :lolol:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Without going into an Arsenal defensive (which I inevitably will now!!), their net spend over Wenger's whole reign is apparently something like £50m. Thats basically spending of £2.9m a year when divided by his years in charge.

Here is the Premier League table alternate top 10, by net spend, for figures over the past five seasons, from 2007/08 to 2011/12. With Arsenal, it is worth noting this is before they sold RVp for £24m and Song for £15m, thus dropping their figure even more.

Manchester City: £430.77 million

Chelsea: £159.7 million

Liverpool: £99.25 million

Sunderland: £57.6 million

Tottenham Hotspur: £49.4 million

Manchester United: £47.25 million

Swansea City: £8.25 million

Everton: £5 million

Newcastle United: -£30.25 million

Arsenal: -£31.3 million

So, personally, I would say their 'fannying about' to stay within their budget and pay off their stadium legitimately is pretty good fannying about.

That was a defensive...wasn't it. I can't help it :lolol:

Got a lot of respect for their financial dealings but they have been scraping their way into the top 4 for years now. I think they'd actually benefit from missing out for once. Might feel a bit more pressure to improve.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I can't find it anywhere in me to actually want Wigan to stay up. They add little to the Premier League and would benefit, surely, from being a Championship club as they might win a few more games. It can't be much fun (F A Cup aside) supporting them week in week out - which is probably why so few do.

I also can't see them getting anything from Arsenal, so they're doomed anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here