Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we see any new signings this week?

Will there be new signings this week?

• Yes

Votes: 56 55.4%
  • No

Votes: 45 44.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aug 4, 2011
Not sure, but someone mentioned there is a few people in over the next few days and depending on medical should here something later today or tomorrow. Nothing to back this up and just something I have heard from a friend. But will be good to strentghen the squad before Spain. Toko looks decent though

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Paul Barber said yesterday that we were looking at a signing in the next three or four days so provided there are no complications, we should have someone in by the end of the week.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I reckon lots of players will sign this week.

Just not for us :)

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
"07 Jul 2014 12:14:41
Brighton have approached Bayen Leverkusen about left back Sebastian Boenisch as they have not been able to agree a deal for Stephen Ward.

Sami Hyypia knows him from his time as Leverkusen manager, and Boenisch is apparently interested in a move to England. It isn't clear if Leverkusen will let him go, but he isn't be their first choice left back and getting him off the wage bill is said to be tempting

deutschdog"

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Football rumours suggest Connolly a CB from Crawley and Butland on Tuesday. Just have to wait and see.

PLEASe STOP GIVING ANY CREDENCE TO THAT WEBSITE.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
"07 Jul 2014 12:14:41
Brighton have approached Bayen Leverkusen about left back Sebastian Boenisch as they have not been able to agree a deal for Stephen Ward.

Sami Hyypia knows him from his time as Leverkusen manager, and Boenisch is apparently interested in a move to England. It isn't clear if Leverkusen will let him go, but he isn't be their first choice left back and getting him off the wage bill is said to be tempting

deutschdog"

Sigh . . . . . . . . . . . . . . sauce?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Every window bar about 4 in the last 20 years have been an anti climax, have low expectations and you won't be disappointed. We were spoilt rotten by the investment given to Gus and those days are history now imo and we are probably back to picking up players late in the window that richer teams have decided against. I doubt we'll sign any players to set the pulse raising this week in answer to the poll. Maybe League One or Two players for the future but nothing more imo.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
So we are gambling on no injuries or suspensions, and no competition for places in the first 18 squad ???

Brave strategy.

It wasn't that different last year if you look at the players used. Whilst its always comfortable to have a depth in the squad, by definition the further you go down the list, the less quality you get, but the pay is disproportionate to the use and effect of these players. I can't see many signings if any, maybe just a couple of loanees.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Every window bar about 4 in the last 20 years have been an anti climax, have low expectations and you won't be disappointed. We were spoilt rotten by the investment given to Gus and those days are history now imo and we are probably back to picking up players late in the window that richer teams have decided against. I doubt we'll sign any players to set the pulse raising this week in answer to the poll. Maybe League One or Two players for the future but nothing more imo.

I think you need to watch this video Icy when Tony Bloom states "we will be bringing in quite a few players in the summer"
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/tony-bloom-discusses-oscar-garcias-resignation-1553155.aspx in part 2 video.
I am a fan of TB and in my mind he has always delivered. My only issue is, I am not a fan of David Burke and I hope we get better signings than those of last year, when in my opinion the signing of Ward was his only success.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I reckon we'll sign 1, and it'll be a massive meh!. It won't stop people believing said 'meh' player to be a potential world beater and very good signing.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Well we're certainly appear to be linked to plenty of players, yet none have actually signed yet!

Lindgard - Apparently already signed but no confirmation - A guess a chance he might sign but might want to stay and fight for his place as in last year of his contract.
Baldock - Appears happy at City, even Brentford are apparently in for him, £1m + Grigg - It really will be something if Brentford sign him over us (no disrespect Bees fans)
Palacios - No idea where this rumour came from
Clayton - Boro had another bid turned down today, haven't heard anymore about bids from us, are we still interested?
Ward - Apparently fee agreed with Wolves, but can't agree wages with him.
Butland - Stoke appear to be waiting to see what happens with Begovic before letting go on loan. Can we wait that long?
Moenpaa - Gods gift to Edna and apparently wanted by Sami, and he wants to come here, but no news yet, why? Wages? Better offer elsewhere?
VillaFrance - £600k offered for a striker in mould of Heskey - Ulloa's replacement? Again other clubs interested so might not sign for us.

Can't think of anymore rumours but you get the gist, nothing confirmed!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think you need to watch this video Icy when Tony Bloom states "we will be bringing in quite a few players in the summer"
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/tony-bloom-discusses-oscar-garcias-resignation-1553155.aspx in part 2 video.
I am a fan of TB and in my mind he has always delivered. My only issue is, I am not a fan of David Burke and I hope we get better signings than those of last year, when in my opinion the signing of Ward was his only success.

DB can only spend what TB allows so that has no doubt hampered DB big time. It is very easy to just point the finger at DB for the quality of signings but I suggest he is working at a very big disadvantage to most clubs in the Championship. We may have been the 7th/8th/9th biggest spending club in Poyet's time, I'd suggest we are bottom half of the table now so hence my limited expectations.

I cannot even begin to criticise what TB has done for this club but I don't have rose tinted glasses and I think we have a comparitively average budget now and I have low expectations from this season. Not a complaint, I accept it and remain grateful for what TB has brought. He is not the Messiah who will turn a 10 k player into a 10 million pound one :wink:

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
DB can only spend what TB allows so that has no doubt hampered DB big time. It is very easy to just point the finger at DB for the quality of signings but I suggest he is working at a very big disadvantage to most clubs in the Championship. We may have been the 7th/8th/9th biggest spending club in Poyet's time, I'd suggest we are bottom half of the table now so hence my limited expectations.

I cannot even begin to criticise what TB has done for this club but I don't have rose tinted glasses and I think we have a comparitively average budget now and I have low expectations from this season. Not a complaint, I accept it and remain grateful for what TB has brought. He is not the Messiah who will turn a 10 k player into a 10 million pound one :wink:

Agree with this, but lets hope with the academy we can convert a free to a £10m player! :wink:[/QUOTE]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here