Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we muddle through until Ulloa returns without a loan striker?

Will we mudde through without a loan striker

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
WAYYY too early to say we're not good enough for Top 6. More than likely we'll have a much better squad in the 2nd half of this season than we did last year, so if Oscar can keep us within 6-9 points of playoffs come Dec/Jan, I think we've got a very good chance.

This is true but we are going to be taking a flyer trying to stay in touch with the strike force we currently have for the next few games. Not saying we can't do it but it is more likely that we will be looking to stay out of the bottom 6 rather than keeping in touch with the top 6.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This is true but we are going to be taking a flyer trying to stay in touch with the strike force we currently have for the next few games. Not saying we can't do it but it is more likely that we will be looking to stay out of the bottom 6 rather than keeping in touch with the top 6.

I'm quite excited by the challenge actually, and I reckon Oscar will spring a few surprises results wise.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I'd be quite happy to muddle through if it means giving development players a crack. I'd rather that than pay for more useless journeyman rubbish like Conway and Agustien to turn up here and either look half hearted or only try to do things to make themselves look good.

My reasoning is that I really don't think we're good enough to go up or even finish in the top 6, so why not give new blood a chance? If we do start having to look down, we've got two or even three proper strikers returning and ready to steady the ship in the second half of the season.

Yep, all of this. Take stock of what we have and plan for a proper go next season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And you honestly think that means bums on seats!? Unbelievable. You and I will be there, but the hard-won butterflies will flit away.
Er, where did I say that blooding the development squad means bums on seats? The only thing that is unbelievable is your inability to read.

WAYYY too early to say we're not good enough for Top 6. More than likely we'll have a much better squad in the 2nd half of this season than we did last year, so if Oscar can keep us within 6-9 points of playoffs come Dec/Jan, I think we've got a very good chance.
We are already 6 points off the play-offs having failed to beat some utter crap at home already, and we are going to be without Bridcutt, Ulloa, CMS, and Orlandi for a good while yet. You are deluded if you think we have a realistic chance this season. We might yet make it, but I'd really rather we didn't spunk funds on rubbish journeymen in a feeble effort to stay in touch with 6th place. Blood the youngsters, and keep the saved wage funds for a proper promotion assault next season.

Yep, all of this. Take stock of what we have and plan for a proper go next season.
This in spades. :thumbsup:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I think it's fairly obvious that the club have no idea what they are doing. No striker in during the summer window, when even then, we only had 2 fit strikers. Seems very astute now doesn't it...

We're going down, :wave:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
we don't have a penny to spend so for me its going to be muddle on with what we have, can see Buckley taking a more central role with Conway getting more game time.

Basically were skint when it comes to transfers.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We are already 6 points off the play-offs having failed to beat some utter crap at home already, and we are going to be without Bridcutt, Ulloa, CMS, and Orlandi for a good while yet. You are deluded if you think we have a realistic chance this season. We might yet make it, but I'd really rather we didn't spunk funds on rubbish journeymen in a feeble effort to stay in touch with 6th place. Blood the youngsters, and keep the saved wage funds for a proper promotion assault next season.

The club needs to save another 3 million pounds next year as well because of FFP so don't think we will be spending more, if anything it will be much less than this season

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's all up for grabs. Once again Ashley Barnes has a solid gold chance to prove he's worthy of a no-brainer start up front. Has to be said, quite a lot of these chances fall into his lap. About the same number he is not able to take advantage of through injury or suspension. This is the moment Ashley...

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
We needed a striker anyway, now we need two.

I think something is wrong with the Club's financial situation. Quite understandably TB has probably told the Club he is not prepared/able to put any more money in to cover losses. Maybe there was something in Poyet's comments?

I do not care though. Look how far we have come from Withdean! The Championship will do if necessary, I just don't think we can stand still without the JCLs getting bored and stopping coming to matches. "Fans" are already voting with their feet and crowds are in decline.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here