Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Will we have another lockdown ?

further lockdown ?

• No. Boris is a man of his word and we're free again.

Votes: 36 10.5%
  • Localised restrictions/lockdowns

Votes: 59 17.3%
  • National restrictions falling short of a lockdown

Votes: 105 30.7%
  • Yes, the Bullingdon Buffoon has screwed up again and we're in for another full national lockdown.

Votes: 142 41.5%

• Total voters

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I'll add here as well, knowing a few pregnant women currently, there is no pressure being put on them to get the jab. They are provided with information (*not* advice, just information) and allowed to make their own choices on whether they get jabbed or not. If they choose not to get jabbed, then I back them on that choice. If they choose to get it, I'll back that too. The evidence we have today is strong that the vaccines are safe during pregnancy, but until that clinical trial reports its results there remains that window of doubt that needs to be closed.

).

No pressure unless they want to watch a football match….

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

You really think people care about that when making serious, grown up decisions about their health ? Any pregnant woman worried about the vaccine will also be worried about catching Covid so will not want to go to crowded areas. It is difficult to see why you would think it rational to avoid the vaccine but not also rational to avoid football if unvaccinated.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No. Because there are far too many different viruses that cause the common cold, I think. It would be impossible to stay ahead of them all. And vaccines are a risk versus reward thing- I've had both Covid jabs because the risk of a complication of the vaccine versus the risk of catching Covid is well worth the trade-off. To have 30 different vaccinations to stop me getting 30 different kinds of cold? No thanks, I'll trust my own immune system.

One of the cold viruses you've probably had is the Spanish flu that killed 50 million people in Europe in 1918. It mutated and mutated and got weaker and weaker (more successful). It didn't go away.

This seems to be the part some people don't understand- managing risk and acceptable levels of risk. Find me virtually any drug in the world and somebody will have had a bad side effect to it. People die from wasp stings.

Indeed. Rapidly mutating, spreading easily, causing very minor illness: very hard to keep up with all the new vaccines that would be needed and very little to gain for the effort. Common cold is a hugely successful family of virus as a consequence. Natural selection will result eventually in dominant Cobvid strains that are nonlethal, and only weakly debilitating. Threatening the convenience and even the survival of humans is not a wise move for a virus. We tend te make extinct organisms that refuse to learn the lesson (smallpox), albeit a small minority of Daft Buggers can keep a bug a-bubbling along in the background, or worse (as we have seen with MMR antivaxxers). Sometimes I long for real life Bodie and Doyles....???

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
A lockdown is the right thing to do for a country without a good vaccination program. We have such a program and really need to move on and take America's lead. Another lockdown will just delay us moving on from the Corona virus. We need to learn to live with Covid. I do accept if the death rate moves up to the previous levels then a lockdown may be needed but the problem is just the infection rate is amongst younger people who are not vaccinated regarding catching the virus. There is no true data given to us but people just love believing everything the BBC reports. Where is the true data???

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you subscribe to the theory (I do) that Covid 19 was created and designed in a lab in Wuhan to mutate and become vaccine proof, then through negligence breached the facility, then frankly it doesn't matter what we do. It's here to stay.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Or they are not wanting to take something where there is now a lot of information out there suggesting that risks might be higher than being presented? 10k+ people now in the states listed on the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System as having died after taking the vaccine and it being cited as a complication. https://www.openvaers.com . I appreciate this is small in context of those that have had the vaccine but that's a pretty big number of people that have been reported as potentially dying because of the vaccine that may not have at all because of Covid. I've also read that VAERS potentially only has a 10% reporting rate.

Again I really don't want to get into some of the old childish arguments of the past I want to present a counter balance to this view that its just selfish to not want to take the vaccine at this stage as I think it is a real debate that is going to run and run. Just casting people who dont want a vaccine as selfish or stupid isnt going to help at all and will just polarise yet another section of society from each other, just what we dont need more of.

So 10k people who have died a short time after taking the vaccine... Wouldn't you'd say they'd died WITH the vaccine, and not OF the vaccine in that case?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
If you subscribe to the theory (I do) that Covid 19 was created and designed in a lab in Wuhan to mutate and become vaccine proof, then through negligence breached the facility, then frankly it doesn't matter what we do. It's here to stay.

Being pedantic here, but that's not a theory as there is no data to support it. It is, therefore, merely a hypothesis. A plausible hypothesis, granted, but one that is less plausible than the currently widely-accepted hypothesis that the virus jumped species (as there is at least some data to support it - not least of which is the fact we know that the virus easily jumps from humans to other species, such as mink and cats).

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

You seriously wrote that and think it's a valid argument?

Let me reiterate for you: being pregnant is a high-risk category for Covid. Pregnant women have worse outcomes if they catch Covid than other people. As things stand today, pregnant women have a choice - and the choice is entirely theirs. They can have the vaccine (having been provided the information that it is considered safe but hasn't been subject to a fully scientific study yet), or they can not have the vaccine (having been provided the information that it places them at higher risk if they catch Covid).

From there, they have an individual choice on whether or not they go to see a football match.

Absolutely no one, other than the individual themselves, is putting any pressure on. It is the individual's choice, and it is the individual who needs to take responsibility for that choice.

I would also note that catching Covid isn't just a risk factor for the mother - it's a risk factor for the baby as well. Apart from anything else, during the early stages of pregnancy suffering from something that causes a high temperature is linked with adverse effects for the baby (from developmental problems through to pregnancy loss). That's why pregnant women are offered the Flu jab for free every year, and why pregnant women should try to avoid coming into contact with people who have other diseases such as Scarlet Fever.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
[...] their Friday reports are a very good resource: https://www.covid-arg.com/bulletins/categories/friday-reports

Interestingly enough, the most recent Friday Bulletin includes a section looking at some data and investigation results from VAERS in relation to reported adverse events of myocarditis and pericarditis (both conditions affecting the heart). The results clearly show that the benefits of the vaccine in preventing ICU admission far outweigh any risk of adverse reaction to the vaccine.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
On the government website, go have a look at the Deaths section. If you scroll down, there's a chart with the weekly death numbers. Check out the eye-watering jump in death numbers two weeks post-Christmas. Well done, Boris...

Indeed, shocking. We scaled back our Christmas plans quite considerably, including cancelling an air BnB and only seeing our daughters on the 25th itself. It had already become clear that simply following the minimum recommendations of the Government was not going to be sufficient in a life and death situation. Pains me to hear people and organizations still hiding behind that line.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Being pedantic here, but that's not a theory as there is no data to support it. It is, therefore, merely a hypothesis. A plausible hypothesis, granted, but one that is less plausible than the currently widely-accepted hypothesis that the virus jumped species (as there is at least some data to support it - not least of which is the fact we know that the virus easily jumps from humans to other species, such as mink and cats).

You’re quite right. I suppose a better way to put it would be to say it’s a slim hypothesis but it wouldn’t surprise me if it turned out to be the case. I always hesitate to drift into the realms of conspiracy as that way madness lies.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
On the government website, go have a look at the Deaths section. If you scroll down, there's a chart with the weekly death numbers. Check out the eye-watering jump in death numbers two weeks post-Christmas. Well done, Boris...

What isn't shown however and is a key indicator is a break down for the daily deaths with a :

Total daily death quantity
Daily Deaths of people with no vaccination
Daily Deaths of people with single vaccination
Daily Deaths of people with two vaccinations

I suspect that of the 98 or so deaths yesterday >50% would be of people with no vaccination.

Cases, deaths statistics on their own are not enough.

TNBA

TTF

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What isn't shown however and is a key indicator is a break down for the daily deaths with a :

I suspect that of the 98 or so deaths yesterday >50% would be of people with no vaccination.

TNBA

TTF

https://twitter.com/StevenEBill1/status/1417508568819978241/photo/1

deaths from Tuesday ages

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

TNBA

TTF

Yeah, the government site needs updating. The data is available, as I've seen some folks doing analysis on it, but I have to admit I'm not quite sure where from and how accessible it is to general public. The Actuaries site I cited earlier in this thread has a recent report on hospitalisation and vaccination status here: https://www.covid-arg.com/post/how-many-covid-admissions-are-vaccinated

There's no analysis on deaths in that, but a hospital stay will usually precede death so extrapolations can probably be drawn.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

ring a ding dong , social awareness , broad scale internet acces , wholesale access to information as to what the ruling class is up to .......covid is a tool to put us back in our box and accept control ....some will think im insane , some are with me .......if the planet felt it was under threat it would have done this 20,000 years ago , this isn't the planet , this is big business crunching down on the dumb ****s and christ knows there's enough of them ...! you'll know you're in the shit when your mobile stops working and your internet gets cut off ....until then carry on and keep saving up the blue ones ....:wink:

this vaccine , that vaccine , oh hold on ....this vaccine , oh dear it's made you poorly but we're indemnified....sorry , ah hold on one more ..!:angel::angel: :mad::clap2:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
still less than 5% of the global population have caught covid ....less than 1% of that 5% have died ......either wake the **** up or shove it up yer quoight and jog on..:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here