Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we get ravaged in the summer?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I literally hate the sight of the bottom-feeding prick, he’s the epitome of everything wrong with modern football.
That statement from AliMac sounds like Brighton & Hove Albion and RDZ - and it’ll be nailed on if we get Europa or higher European football… Sorry Fab.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It would be difficult to replace both Cam's at the same time. We are clearly building a specific skill set into the squad with the recent signings of Sarmiento, Enciso, Buonanotte & Ayari all capable of playing anywhere across the 3 attacking roles behind the striker.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A DULLARD posted yesterday that the club made a profit in the latest accounts. That money needs to be invested IMO in moving us up from the bottom of the EPL wages list. Increase our key players' wages and that may encourage them to stay. Most players will leave when a club offers them 3x or 4x what we are currently paying them.
Only the ones with no brains, who are a rarity now due to our effective NDP

There are plenty of people who consider a few more things in life than the cheque, and I think there are a few footballers who do too . . . Mosrt definitely the minority!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The more I read about Ali Mac, the more I think he will stay this summer.
Project is obviously a yes.
Coach, seems a yes but who knows?
Big one really is Europe
If we get European football there could possibly be no major exits this summer.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's going to be an interesting summer! Although we've sold young White to the Arse for a good price, and sold them one of our squad too (which is working out well for them), Spurs snapped up a bargain who was running down his contract, and nouveau-riche Chelsea paid over the odds (admittedly for a very good player) we haven't as yet had any serious incoming bids or serious attention from the really big boys, The Manchesters, Liverpool, Real, Barca, PSG and the like.
If we do snatch a European spot, I think it might only be serious offers from the likes of those that might prise our gems away (although I suspect Caicedo's agent will just be looking at the money if a lesser club that pays 3X as much comes asking again).

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Project is obviously a yes.
Coach, seems a yes but who knows?
Big one really is Europe
If we get European football there could possibly be no major exits this summer.
The article about Buonanotte is really positive from Ali Mac too. Agree re Europe but even getting close may do, these guys are all young and will not be guaranteed a starting spot at a bigger club, so you never know.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It's worth remembering White in all this. Seemed pretty clear he wanted the Leeds move if we are honest. And why? Not because they're just the biggest club in the world but also because he was part of something really special. Winning promotion, being the first players in the clubs history to achieve European football, it means something right? Not to every player, of course, but I think that the chance to be those first players, after being a part of a previously historic season, with your mates that you'd worked so hard with and for, that's a huge draw. Doesn't mean they won't leave in January if we are out, or the following summer, but I reckon many, many players would want to be here for it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Mental isn’t it. As soon as we start doing well and upsetting the status quo…BANG…players are touted about! Annoying to say the least. That FR is a ****.
It's actually meaningless though, clubs and agents will already be doing all the touting, it's not like any of our players are not on radars without twitter. He winds fans up with the rumours, but as in January with Caicedo, it has no bearing on what actually transpires.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Mental isn’t it. As soon as we start doing well and upsetting the status quo…BANG…players are touted about! Annoying to say the least. That FR is a ****.
It gets a bit wearing admittedly. We have a team of players who are envied by many, yet nobody seems to suggest that they might be better off all staying and playing alongside each other.

However, as @El Presidente's post this week shows, its the business model. It's less worrying that the rich clubs want to give us tens or hundreds of millions for our players, than it would be if they were to start outbidding us for the ones we try to sign. Between them, Sanchez, Caicedo, McAllister, Mitoma and Ferguson cost us about £14m in transfer fees. One of these superrich organisations will happily pay us many times that for any one of them. Surely it can't be too long until they just start trying to outbid us whenever we show interest in a youngster.

(If any Chelsea scouts are reading this, I've heard from a reliable source that the latest leftfield recommendation from Starlizard's analyctics is a Curacao international midfielder from Hednesford Town).

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
No proof but it's possibly already happened with Chelsea signing Fofana (the striker) and the (unlikely but) verbal agreement for the 15 year old Ecuadorian which at 20 million is way more than we'd spend.
Chelsea will definitely sign one or two of the players our data would have identified over the next season or two.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
It's actually meaningless though, clubs and agents will already be doing all the touting, it's not like any of our players are not on radars without twitter. He winds fans up with the rumours, but as in January with Caicedo, it has no bearing on what actually transpires.
And the weird thing (from our POV) is that our club is probably the most active player scouting organisation on the football planet.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I keep seeing our top players will sign for big clubs for like 30 million. If stories stay like that I’m confident we’ll keep all of them. It’s when we start getting linked with lots of 70-120 million quid moves I’ll be worried.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bloke is reporting news. If someone wants to buy a player or Alexis dad says something, and Romano writes about it... it really isn't him being a ****, its him reporting things.

If someone kills someone and a journalist writes about it, the problem isn't really the journalist but the murderer.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Bloke is reporting news. If someone wants to buy a player or Alexis dad says something, and Romano writes about it... it really isn't him being a ****, its him reporting things.

If someone kills someone and a journalist writes about it, the problem isn't really the journalist but the murderer.
The challenge is to identify the truths from the porkies.
I have a feeling [no fact to support] that Fabrizio Romana resembles Napoleon from Animal Farm [I hope you've read the book]

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The challenge is to identify the truths from the porkies.
I have a feeling [no fact to support] that Fabrizio Romana resembles Napoleon from Animal Farm [I hope you've read the book]
He has a very high success rate while reporting things that sometimes haven't been reported before. It is no coincidence that he's freelancing for a bunch of the worlds biggest media corporations. If you read one rumour written by a random The Sun journo and then one from Romano, the latter is endlessly more likely to be true and actually turn into a transfer. Thats what people don't like about him: he often has insider information on the truth, and the truth hurts - people don't wanna hear it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I keep seeing our top players will sign for big clubs for like 30 million. If stories stay like that I’m confident we’ll keep all of them. It’s when we start getting linked with lots of 70-120 million quid moves I’ll be worried.
As selling club we get to set the selling price shirley? And TB is acknowledged master of setting the selling price

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here