Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we ever reach the Premier League?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Wouldn't hold your breathe on that one. We'll be selling any talent we do produce on the cheap to anyone who makes a reasonable offer. Best we can hope for on that score is a massive sell-on fee. Highly suspect the state-of-the-art training ground will prove to be the ultimate Bloom's Folly, unless he can persuade the council to build a private luxury housing estate on the site.

Do you think that selling the training ground and the club going back to using the university playing fields to train on would be progress then?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
One article on a Paul Barber sound bite in the Argus about this time last year wasn't it?

I can't remember exactly how many times club executives used the phrase. I think it was more than the once, but I'll take your word for it. But how many times have we heard the phrase since? Sometimes that's all it takes.

But as I also said above, it isn't that big a deal. The more important thing is to make sure you are ready in all the areas that entails.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Do you think that selling the training ground and the club going back to using the university playing fields to train on would be progress then?

Might keep the players a bit more grounded. Uni/Withdean never did the players any harm. You can have all the top of the range training facilities you like but it won't transform also-rans into world-beaters. If anything, it'll just pamper them into a false sense of being non-shite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here