Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Wayne Bridge Stay?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Well it's only a short train journey from Littlehampton to Brighton so shouldn't be a problem !

I'll let him stay in my spare room. As long as he doesn't mind me working in there whilst he does the sexytime with Frankie...he needs privacy but i've got websites to design.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I have a felling once Vicente's contract is up he will be on a one way flight back to Spain.

Would you really want us to sign him for longer. As good as he is, he is not worth wasting more money on. 8 games a season is not good enough. Can see him retiring at the end the season to be honest

Oct 25, 2003
he's going to have to take a big wage cut wherever he goes (unless he goes to some mental chinese/russian/middle eastern club...even an mls club would require him to take a big cut) so if we go up we have as much chance as any

if we don't go up then there's no way we'll afford him, i reckon a few premiership clubs will be sniffing about after an impressive season with us

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
To be honest, he will need to take a wage cut to join whatever club he will join next.

I've always said if we go up, he'll stay - if not then he won't.

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Would you really want us to sign him for longer. As good as he is, he is not worth wasting more money on. 8 games a season is not good enough. Can see him retiring at the end the season to be honest

That's not what I ment. I think since that whole Elche CF doo daa. He thinks he's being held agaisnt his will and can't wait to bugger off.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
We have a good chance of keeping him, he has friends etc here and if we are willing to offer possibly a 3 year contract for security I believe he will stay. I know that he used to come down here quite a few times even when he was at City etc and had lots of friends here even before he signed for us.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Now my daughter knows about these things and I'm told Frankie is only in LA while they are filming this reality thing, once it finshed she will be back in the UK

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Our ambition might swing him our way for the future( a swing bridge). He's got plenty of money and even if we offer him £15K a week its still an extreme wage. Hope it happens quickly in the summer, we don't want to be in suspense. (a suspension bridge).

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
We have a good chance of keeping him, he has friends etc here and if we are willing to offer possibly a 3 year contract for security I believe he will stay. I know that he used to come down here quite a few times even when he was at City etc and had lots of friends here even before he signed for us.

This.

He has been quoted that he is enjoying playing football again since he joined us.
Financially he is set up for life so maybe enjoyment is more important to him.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
LA's fine, the sun shines most the time
The feeling is laid back
Palm trees grow and the rents are low
But you know I keep thinking about
Making my way back

Well, I'm Southampton City born and raised
But nowadays, I'm lost between two shores
LA's fine, but it ain't home
Southampton's home but it ain't mine no more

I am, I said
To no one there
And no one heard at all
Not even the 1901 club chair

I am, I cried
I am, said I
And I am lost, and I can't even say why
Leavin' me lonely still

Did you ever read about a boy who dreamed of being a left back
And then became one
Well, except for the names and a few other changes
If you talk about me, the story's the same one

But I got an emptiness deep inside
And I've tried but the blue and white stripes won't let me go
And I'm not a man who likes to swear
But I've never cared for the sound of being without The Saturday's Frankie

Oct 25, 2003
thinking about it, he's not really a big enough "name" to earn the mega bucks abroard

Beckham, Henry and Marquez all earn(ed) big bucks in America because they were all big names who would bring in the crowds...can't see the crowds flocking to see Bridge

Our ambition might swing him our way for the future( a swing bridge). He's got plenty of money and even if we offer him £15K a week its still an extreme wage. Hope it happens quickly in the summer, we don't want to be in suspense. (a suspension bridge).

If he signs again will that be contract Bridge? For the entirely illogical reason that a) he was happy to pose with the kids with CMS in Santa's grotto at the Xmas party and b) the way he chased down what looked like a no chance ball for the opening goal against Newcastle I think it is a definite possibility that he might stay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here