Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Watford be the dark horses of the Championship?

Watford4ever

Jan 9, 2011
Just to clear it up a bit only 3 of the million or so loan players we have actually played at Derby so it would be unfair to blame that on the defeat last Saturday but actually it showed Zola up a bit as he played a rubbish left back as a centre half having not been strong enough to tell Martin Taylor to stay or actually pick a natural one ie young player or ensure Fitz Hall is fit.

Its quite interesting to see a mix of reactions though...some think this could be the best thing to happen to the club mainly on the off chance these Udinese reserves must be good enough to win promotion but as pointed out I'd like to see them play at Burnley or Barnsley when teams won't let us have time to play pretty passing football as maybe Gus Poyet has found out a bit?

Ofcourse he has just been given most of the players..infact he signed Almunia and Fitz Hall himself whilst only the excellent Vydra/Abdi have been here since Pre-season whereas suddenly 5/6 players have come in in the last week.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Did you have a bet? :lol:

Just shows you how unpredictable football is , and after watching football for 38 years how little I still know:lolol:
Funny thing is I think I started a thread last season saying Watford could come in with a late run & be the Dark horses , I think I've been stung twice now by The Hornets

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just shows you how unpredictable football is , and after watching football for 38 years how little I still know:lolol:
Funny thing is I think I started a thread last season saying Watford could come in with a late run & be the Dark horses , I think I've been stung twice now by The Hornets

To be fair mate, I would never have guessed that Watford would have done so well (or their opponents tonight tbh). Same as Reading last year. That's what I like about the Championship.

el punal

Anyone who watched us rob them of three points at their place earlier in the season, would have seen that they were potentially a very useful outfit............

Agree with your comment. I was at Vicarage Road and we got battered for the first and last 15 minute period. The return game at the Amex was the first time, at home this season, that I've seen us outplayed, and, hopefully the last.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Agree with your comment. I was at Vicarage Road and we got battered for the first and last 15 minute period. The return game at the Amex was the first time, at home this season, that I've seen us outplayed, and, hopefully the last.

The rules have to change re overseas loan players, it's a farce!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The rules have to change re overseas loan players, it's a farce!!!

I'm still not sure how they fielded 6 loan players in our home match when the rule is 5. I know loan to buy players don't count but did they buy any of them in the Jan window?
They could also still be deducted points for the Graham business but will probably get away with it.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Tonight: Hull v Watford L
Sa 06Apr 2013 Watford v Cardiff L
Sa 13Apr 2013 Peterborough v Watford D
Tu 16Apr 2013 Millwall v Watford L
Sa 20Apr 2013 Watford v Blackburn W
Fr 26Apr 2013 Leicester v Watford D
Sa 04May 2013 Watford v Leeds W

8-10 points maximum from that lot. They'll be lucky to stay in the top 6.

Hull v Watford
Hull v Middlesbrough
Ipswich v Hull
Wolves v Hull
Hull v Bristol City
Barnsley v Hull
Hull v Cardiff

It's Hulls to throw away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here