NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Nailed On.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think Elphick is our "crown jewel".

Of all our players I think he will be our next million pound sale ( although technically Zammo wasnt a million as we had to pay Brizzle Rovers)

I think he is class.

What do you recon Mr Robinson?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oy Dave, " Crown Jewel " is my phrase. I am charging you £ 10 for the rights.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I hope so, he's the player of the season as far as I'm concerned.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Absolute certainty. Premiership class for sure. Doubt we will keep him in the summer.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I think unfortuantlly we must enjoy watching him while we can ,and not get into a Hammond situation when he gets to end of his contract or when he reaches 24 years old.......He is the crown jewel and deserves a chance with England.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think he's just fabulous darlings. He's the crown in Paul Jewell's hair and I for one would like to see him in a video that would get the News of The World talking :D

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
I voted no. Not saying he doesn't deserve one because he clearly does IMO but you know what the selectors are like. Pretty much have to be a Premiership or Championship player to get in the squad

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I really hope we get promoted this season. Might be enough to keep Elphick for another season as the Prem clubs might want to see how he does at Championship level first....and increase his value :thumbsup:
Oh, and yes he will get an U21 call-up

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I watched a bit of an England U21 match the other night and I hardly knew any of the players. I guess most of them must be making a name for themselves in the Premierships reserve teams.

I would have thought a young guy who is not just holding his own but excelling week in week out alongside the big boys in League 1 must be worth a call up.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Nobody gets carried away quite like NSC; remember when everyone was convinced that Robinson and Cox wouldn't make it through last season without being snapped up by the Premiership?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Nobody gets carried away quite like NSC; remember when everyone was convinced that Robinson and Cox wouldn't make it through last season without being snapped up by the Premiership?

Yes but Dean Cox had an extremely impressive first half of the season and then settled for mediocracy in the 2nd half of the season. Elphick had a great first half of the season and is excelling even more in the 2nd half. He is absolute quality and if anyone thinks otherwise they haven't seen him play.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Elphick has been a giant at the back this season, showing maturity beyond his years.

He does deserve a call up, and he can only grow from here. He has the potential to be a true Albion great.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I voted no. Not saying he doesn't deserve one because he clearly does IMO but you know what the selectors are like. Pretty much have to be a Premiership or Championship player to get in the squad

Mainly because they are playing against better players, He is good but not sure you can tell how good he is untill he plays against better players.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
He won't get a call up in this division. Until him and Lynch are playing Champ football it's difficult to say if they are good enough. Both have the potential though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here