Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Toko Nzuzi be a success at Brighton?

Will Toko Nzuzi be a success at Brighton?

• Yes

Votes: 74 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Not too sure yet...

Votes: 45 35.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Of course he will. Almost any new signing we land and have limited knowledge of is handed the title, in my mind at least, of a guaranteed beauty. Ideally he's the first of a new breed of free transfers this summer that caused the release of our higher earners and has us a tad remade.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I like to imagine him being a sub for the first game of the season. Some nasty northerners spend most of the game kicking our flair players. 5 minutes to go and on comes Toko, the game is still tied and their is much dissatisfied chuntering in the crowd at it not being an attacking substitution.
One minute later Toko clatters their second worst offender, gets a much deserved yellow for his borderline red challenge and his victim hobbles back onto the pitch after lengthy treatment (they have already used all their subs to further park the bus and hold out for a point). Toko appears to have calmed down and quietly breaks up play, but as the end of normal time approaches we discover he has just been awaiting his opportunity. Their nastiest terrier, who has already put Buckley out the game and has been looking to 'reduce' Kaz sprints towards a loose ball, but Toko puts on the afterburners and goes through with a MONSTROUS challenge, fractionally late, that sends his opponent up in a cartwheel before he slams into the ground, limbs splayed like a newborn deer. Straight red. The victim is stretchered off after being carefully lashed down.
6 minutes of extra time are indicated, the game is 10 v 10. Kaz sprints down the wing, passes (yes passes!) centrally to March who steps easily around their still hobbling player. The crowd scream shoot, the last defender rushes towards him, their right back follows Ulloas run, the goalie sets himself.. Solly fools everyone and rolls the ball towards the right side of the six yard box - INIGO SCORES (it's a dream, obviously Inigo scores the winner). MARVELOUS SCENES!

Two weeks later Toko has returned from his ban, and again starts on the bench. In the second minute Joey Barton (yes QPR have not been promoted!) scythes down Ulloa but the ref waves play on. Ulloa pops straight up. The ball goes out of play. Ulloa taps Barton on the side and nods towards the technical area. Little Joey goes white, for Toko has got off the bench. He warms up without taking his eyes off Joey. In the East stand tea is spilt and Wurther's originals drop from slack-mouths. Such intensity has only previously been seen in Clubber Lang.

Soon all teams know - you don't **** with the Brighton.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
oh deary me...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
From the little video footage I've seen of him, he looks like he tries hard and runs to get everything he can. So it's a yes from me, but he might have to be told that the referees here don't like two footed tackles.

He'll be shown a dvd of Nobby Horton's 50/50 challenges on how to get away with it :lol:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I think he will be loved no matter what as he clearly loves to tackle and is not afraid of throwing himself around. He is something we are missing. He looks like he has that little nasty streak and will put his body on the line. We were to nice this year. I don't think we will see players waltz past him like that Barnsley player did earlier on this year. Toko would have wiped him out long before he made the penalty box

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I like to imagine him being a sub for the first game of the season. Some nasty northerners spend most of the game kicking our flair players. 5 minutes to go and on comes Toko, the game is still tied and their is much dissatisfied chuntering in the crowd at it not being an attacking substitution.
One minute later Toko clatters their second worst offender, gets a much deserved yellow for his borderline red challenge and his victim hobbles back onto the pitch after lengthy treatment (they have already used all their subs to further park the bus and hold out for a point). Toko appears to have calmed down and quietly breaks up play, but as the end of normal time approaches we discover he has just been awaiting his opportunity. Their nastiest terrier, who has already put Buckley out the game and has been looking to 'reduce' Kaz sprints towards a loose ball, but Toko puts on the afterburners and goes through with a MONSTROUS challenge, fractionally late, that sends his opponent up in a cartwheel before he slams into the ground, limbs splayed like a newborn deer. Straight red. The victim is stretchered off after being carefully lashed down.
6 minutes of extra time are indicated, the game is 10 v 10. Kaz sprints down the wing, passes (yes passes!) centrally to March who steps easily around their still hobbling player. The crowd scream shoot, the last defender rushes towards him, their right back follows Ulloas run, the goalie sets himself.. Solly fools everyone and rolls the ball towards the right side of the six yard box - INIGO SCORES (it's a dream, obviously Inigo scores the winner). MARVELOUS SCENES!

Two weeks later Toko has returned from his ban, and again starts on the bench. In the second minute Joey Barton (yes QPR have not been promoted!) scythes down Ulloa but the ref waves play on. Ulloa pops straight up. The ball goes out of play. Ulloa taps Barton on the side and nods towards the technical area. Little Joey goes white, for Toko has got off the bench. He warms up without taking his eyes off Joey. In the East stand tea is spilt and Wurther's originals drop from slack-mouths. Such intensity has only previously been seen in Clubber Lang.

Soon all teams know - you don't **** with the Brighton.

I like it.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I disagree. I think the answer to whether he will be successful is definitely "yes or no".

How can you when he hasn't even played for us yet ????

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hang on a sec, let me just consult my crystal ball…

:dunce:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
If you know Nzuzi like I know Nzuzi
Oh Oh Oh what a goal
There's none so..........

Needs work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports