Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will this haunt RS.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Just check out RS's interview on Seaguls World. That will put your mind a rest. He's going nowhere at the moment.

I don't get the impression that Bloom is a patient man so I don't think BG is too far off the mark, although I think we'd have to be struggling rather than not be in the playoffs before Slade would be replaced.

No it shouldn't haunt him as he has set himself relatively high expectations. If as IG says we struggle and the quality of football is nowhere near what it needs to be then he will be under pressure. What would be nice for a change - is for the NSC impatient pundits and attention seekers to lay of him if the odd result goes against us as it surely will. Remember we are in a war and losing the occasional battle will happen.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The Bloom/Knight decision hasn't just been made. Clearly both would have known about it for months. Therefore, when it came to renewing Russell's contract they would have known it was Bloom he was going to be working under, so if Bloom didn't want him he wouldn't be here now.

Well said TCB.

Add to which Slade has confirmed that he knew the changes were imminent when he signed up so no question at all that Bloom is behind him.

How long he will be prepared to wait for tangible success is anyone's guess....he probably couldn't answer that himself at the moment as there are so many imponderables.

Oh, and Ernest, you really are a complete and utter.....:tosser:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
If Slade goes i will actually go crazy, he is a genius, a great man. He should have two seasons to try and get us promoted not a few months. He SAVED us, without the great one we would be in the depths of league 2 right now, he deserves to be knighted, in fact i think a sainthood is in order. He's a miracle worker and i am extreemly confident he will deliver the goods. We won 5 out of 6 with shit players at the end of last season, imagine what he's gonig to do with a bit of quality involved there.

Slade, i love you and if you get sacked i will throw my season ticket down a well.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
having watched the interview on the argus website, i have realised how fat slade is.

he mentions going 'for a bite to eat' 3 times in that interview.

does he ever actually work with the players or does he spend his time in KFC?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
even if bloom did not want Slade originally, I think he might have just won him over - making up an 8 point difference and leading us to safety ? not a bad start!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here