Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will there really be rail delays and cancellations on the trains tonight?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm expecting it to be impossible to make a West Coastway from Brighton after the game - or to be able to get on the last service due to overcrowding - if there is extra time and penalties, so hope we win and a few bars stay open to celebrate to make the wait for an early morning service more pleasant.

Not sure how far West you're going, but one possible option might be to pre-book a National Express coach from Pool Valley. Just did a quick check and there's one service that goes as far as Worthing leaving Brighton at 23:00 and another leaving Brighton at 01:35. Certainly beats hanging around waiting for the early morning trains to start up again. Good luck :thumbsup:

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
I normally get the train back to Lewes but was thinking about getting the bus. Does anyone get the bus back to Lewes how are they frequent?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not sure how far West you're going, but one possible option might be to pre-book a National Express coach from Pool Valley. Just did a quick check and there's one service that goes as far as Worthing leaving Brighton at 23:00 and another leaving Brighton at 01:35. Certainly beats hanging around waiting for the early morning trains to start up again. Good luck :thumbsup:
That is an excellent idea !! Thanks.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I normally get the train back to Lewes but was thinking about getting the bus. Does anyone get the bus back to Lewes how are they frequent?

The 28/29 run every 30 minutes in the evening.

We're using the Racecourse P&R this evening and keeping well away from any trains.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Leaving work early now, so that I can get my bike on the train at Blackfriars before 4. Will then cycle to and from the ground, so the urgent spirits sometimes injected by beer now rely on the power of newfound pies to have them formed and for me to be in full song.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Another option. Stagecoach N700 from Old Steine at 2330, Churchill Square at 2338 along the A259 to Worthing then Durrington. Fare £4 to Shoreham. £6 beyond. (unless there has been a recent increase). Normal 700 services every half hour until 2300 from Old Steine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here