Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will the ticket exchange open? - yes it will!

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
This ir simply ridiculous - an absolute farce.

I have two seat I can't use tomorrow, and I'm not aware of anyone who could use them. Almost everyone I know, who has an interest in football, are already Albion season ticket holders. Which is lovely, obviously - I keep good company.

But if I could find someone who was interested, I'd have to pay £40, and they'd have to pay £50 (or something similar), in order for them to use my tickets. That's a tough sell to anyone.

(I didn't expect to miss a game this season which is why I didn't pay the 2 * £20 up front, but circumstances change)

I want these seats to be used. By ****ing anyone. I don't want anything back for that - I'd just like two prime front row WSU tickets to be enjoyed when Brighton, flying high, take on Arsenal.

I'd happily donate them to some sort of charity or community organisation that worked to allow those who can't afford to go to a Premier League football game, get to go to a Premier League football game. How great would that be?

It's barking mad and it's what plenty have been saying all along. A little pragmatism from PB and this wouldn't be an issue for the odd, unexpected occasion where you'd prefer someone to use the seat rather than it sit empty. I understand the reasoning but the real world is more nuanced than his heavy-handed scheme imagines. Lunacy but if he wants loads of empty seats then he's in luck. Hopefully it will be a one season thing.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
One day we'll have no excuses for loads of no shows. Summer hols first two games. Bike ride/uni drop off/rail replacement v Leicester. Potential weather disruption/fuel crises/late ko on telly today.

All whilst most other PL teams (bar a few such as Palace who couldn't sell out against their main rivals the other night) are full to the brim no matter what's going on or when ko is.

When it continues when there finally aren't any excuses for it, then hopefully the club will wake up and realise the policy is shyte and not working. For a start, the exchange only opening the evening before the game once there are next to no seats left when there's only been singles for weeks is utterly ridiculous, imo like.

Seems to be just us, Saints and Burnley.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
One day we'll have no excuses for loads of no shows. Summer hols first two games. Bike ride/uni drop off/rail replacement v Leicester. Potential weather disruption/fuel crises/late ko on telly today.

All whilst most other PL teams (bar a few such as Palace who couldn't sell out against their main rivals the other night) are full to the brim no matter what's going on or when ko is.

I think you only need to look on TV and you'll see there have been loads of empty seats at Southampton, Wolves, Burnley, Man City, Watford, Palace, Newcastle and Villa. It's stretching the point to say all other grounds are full.
I went to the north London derby last Sunday and there were even seats available there.

I'm in the group that feels a £20 fee for the season ticket holder to share isn't unreasonable.

But the £25 fee for the occasional visitor stops the transaction taking place and therefore the seat remaining empty. That's the charge that needs to be removed.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I think you only need to look on TV and you'll see there have been loads of empty seats at Southampton, Wolves, Burnley, Man City, Watford, Palace, Newcastle and Villa. It's stretching the point to say all other grounds are full.
I went to the north London derby last Sunday and there were even seats available there.

I'm in the group that feels a £20 fee for the season ticket holder to share isn't unreasonable.

But the £25 fee for the occasional visitor stops the transaction taking place and therefore the seat remaining empty. That's the charge that needs to be removed.

Wolves and Villa?! Both looked very full. Only thing I can think of is when brentford didn't sell the away end out last week at wolves.

Anyway, other grounds aside, it's frustrating to know that many of the empty seats at the Amex could/would be filled with a better ticketing policy with transferring seats/opening the exchange earlier.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
If you’ve already got a fan number from previous years then just log onto the ticket section of the club site.

No mate, no current credentials but happy to sign up IF that’s what I need to get a ticket for today. Always a long shot but happy to beg for help. I suspect there will be empty seats again today and I’m 10 mins from the ground and willing to do whatever to fill one.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No mate, no current credentials but happy to sign up IF that’s what I need to get a ticket for today. Always a long shot but happy to beg for help. I suspect there will be empty seats again today and I’m 10 mins from the ground and willing to do whatever to fill one.

Ring Supporter Services now, and give your details. Explain that you live in the States and I reckon they’ll let you buy a ticket this morning.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Ring Supporter Services now, and give your details. Explain that you live in the States and I reckon they’ll let you buy a ticket this morning.

I called earlier and indicated they’re closed to calls as people are working from home. Prompts to email as the method of contacting, so will try but dubious of a rapid response. Still hopeful and regardless UTA. Thanks fir the reply and open to all suggestions that are legal :)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
65 seats is £2600 I expect or thereabouts.

Meanwhile cashed strapped ST holders who can't go, also can't get a bit back for their ticket, likewise as mentioned above, families or mates can't get a ticket for others even if just in the same stand so at least they can meet on the same concourse.

Really short-sighted policy this one. I understand they want to sell all their available tickets, get that entirely. The question really is to what point are those last sales counter productive to the benefits to existing ST holders, and fans who might not be buying because they can't get in the stand they want?

Getting down to say the last 200 tickets, should trigger the exchange really. It helps a lot of fans, got to be worth more than the last few tickets you sell.

I'm one of the STH who can't go every week due work at weekends, I most often give my seat to friends/family, but I also have to pay for the privilege of giving my seat away for free! This season, I did try twice to list as nobody else in myalbion+ could go, and it never went on sale.

There is a bigger commercial risk to the Albion imho, for not allowing STH until/unless they sell all there's (which I understand why they want to , to maximise profits). As seats are so readily available for all games so far, and as STH who for work or family reasons can't go every week, blocking potential sales may make a good few more sack off their ST as matchday seats are available.

STH have to pay to give their seats to someone else, that person has to pay to be a member to receive tickets, then you also can't sell if no free takers, as club prioritises its sales first.

I personally won't get rid, I've always looked at it, as donating £50 pm to the club I love and I go as much as work allows, but I guess others may not renew as they can buy as hoc without issues and can't sell if they can't attend? It's a very one sided policy. At least let people give their tickets for free without charging both for the privilege.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This ir simply ridiculous - an absolute farce.

I have two seat I can't use tomorrow, and I'm not aware of anyone who could use them. Almost everyone I know, who has an interest in football, are already Albion season ticket holders. Which is lovely, obviously - I keep good company.

But if I could find someone who was interested, I'd have to pay £40, and they'd have to pay £50 (or something similar), in order for them to use my tickets. That's a tough sell to anyone.

(I didn't expect to miss a game this season which is why I didn't pay the 2 * £20 up front, but circumstances change)

I want these seats to be used. By ****ing anyone. I don't want anything back for that - I'd just like two prime front row WSU tickets to be enjoyed when Brighton, flying high, take on Arsenal.

I'd happily donate them to some sort of charity or community organisation that worked to allow those who can't afford to go to a Premier League football game, get to go to a Premier League football game. How great would that be?

This. Those of us who intend to attend most games have literally no way of making sure our seats are occupied on the odd occasion we can’t go. It’s beyond stupid.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Whilst PB does a great job in most things admitting they’ve got something wrong isn’t one of them. He’ll just trot out the “fans want everything for free” line again and dig his heels in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So is the ticket exchange open ? I assumed it was from the change in thread title but haven’t seen any posts about it.

Looks like it.

3 different pairs of tickets available in the WSU on the front row plus about a dozen singles.

The club are limiting purchase to members only yesterday (clearly to avoid Arsenal fans).

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm one of the STH who can't go every week due work at weekends, I most often give my seat to friends/family, but I also have to pay for the privilege of giving my seat away for free! This season, I did try twice to list as nobody else in myalbion+ could go, and it never went on sale.

There is a bigger commercial risk to the Albion imho, for not allowing STH until/unless they sell all there's (which I understand why they want to , to maximise profits). As seats are so readily available for all games so far, and as STH who for work or family reasons can't go every week, blocking potential sales may make a good few more sack off their ST as matchday seats are available.

STH have to pay to give their seats to someone else, that person has to pay to be a member to receive tickets, then you also can't sell if no free takers, as club prioritises its sales first.

I personally won't get rid, I've always looked at it, as donating £50 pm to the club I love and I go as much as work allows, but I guess others may not renew as they can buy as hoc without issues and can't sell if they can't attend? It's a very one sided policy. At least let people give their tickets for free without charging both for the privilege.

This has been discussed a billion times now.

Ultimaitely, the club wants non-STH to buy tickets rather than blagging them for free. Given the Amex has been sold out (maximum revenue) - or very close - for each game so far, you have to say the policy is working. But, yes, some STH may think twice about buying next season.

Personally, I think the £20 charge for STH to share is ridiculous, but expecting buyers to be an Albion+ member (£25 for one but potentially several games of football) is reasonable.

If the former was free, STH would encourage more of the latter - making more money, and filling seats more often.

The attitude of "It's my ticket, I'll do what I want with it" is misguided though. Like an annual train ticket, that's never really been the case.

(The ticket upgrade path is still available - six times a season - for transferring kids/OAPS to adults.)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This. Those of us who intend to attend most games have literally no way of making sure our seats are occupied on the odd occasion we can’t go. It’s beyond stupid.

And, in fairness to the club, they discussed proposals for this season with me (and, possibly, others) and I was very much in favour of them.

At the time I didn't anticipate missing any games this season so I didn't pay the £20 sharing fee at renewal time, and assumed the exchange would kick in if there was an odd game I couldn't make.

For whatever reason or reasons - and Covid must be a big part of it - demand for tickets has clearly reduced quite significantly so the exchange can no longer be relied upon to fill empty STH seats as was the case in the past, which leaves us with all these seats likely to remain empty today.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
This has been discussed a billion times now.

Ultimaitely, the club wants non-STH to buy tickets rather than blagging them for free. Given the Amex has been sold out (maximum revenue) - or very close - for each game so far, you have to say the policy is working. But, yes, some STH may think twice about buying next season.

Personally, I think the £20 charge for STH to share is ridiculous, but expecting buyers to be an Albion+ member (£25 for one but potentially several games of football) is reasonable.

If the former was free, STH would encourage more of the latter - making more money, and filling seats more often.

The attitude of "It's my ticket, I'll do what I want with it" is misguided though. Like an annual train ticket, that's never really been the case.

(The ticket upgrade path is still available - six times a season - for transferring kids/OAPS to adults.)

I would reluctantly pay £20 at start of season if I knew many Albion members, I dont know one who is not already a ST holder. On the very few times somebody nearby has offered me a seat I have always, sometimes after many calls got someone to come. Usually someone who although having an interest for financial or work reasons doesnt attend. I also remember returning favour by inviting someone who gave me theatre tickets they couldnt use. To me exactly how it should be . Whatever PB has said not one of people I have invited over years would ever buy a ticket and go and sit on there own.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
And, in fairness to the club, they discussed proposals for this season with me (and, possibly, others) and I was very much in favour of them.

At the time I didn't anticipate missing any games this season so I didn't pay the £20 sharing fee at renewal time, and assumed the exchange would kick in if there was an odd game I couldn't make.

For whatever reason or reasons - and Covid must be a big part of it - demand for tickets has clearly reduced quite significantly so the exchange can no longer be relied upon to fill empty STH seats as was the case in the past, which leaves us with all these seats likely to remain empty today.

Undoubtedly covid has been a part of it but i still feel by far the biggest impact has been the extra seats created by seat squeezing and the elimination of the ST waiting list . The double whammy being the club now has more seats to sell before the exchange opens AND less people to sell them to !
With hindsight i am sure if you had known at the time of consultation that even for the Arsenal game the exchange would not open till the evening before , when perhaps most who would have bought tickets have made other plans , you would likely have had some objections .

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
As I have a previous purchase history I've just received an e-mail from Southampton offering me adult tickets at £15 for their home game with Burnley* on Sat 23rd Oct.
The £15 tickets are for the corner blocks but they are also trying to shift plenty on the sidelines at £25.

Goodness knows how empty St.Mary's will look in mid-winter if they don't start winning some games.
Football is struggling along with the economy, and we're going to be seeing plenty more empty seats around the country as peoples disposable income decreases.

*admittedly not the most attractive fixture

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here