Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will the ticket exchange open? - yes it will!

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I'd be happy to pay the £20. However as I don't have any "friends and family" that aren't already STHs then it seems a waste of money :shrug:

Ho hum, can't get too stressed anymore about what Barber does with ticketing. I'll be borderline for being kicked out of my ST seat at the end of the season for too much non-attendance anyway, I suspect, which would be a shame but life's too short to shed too many tears over it.

How’s it your fault if you can’t attend and they don’t open an exchange giving you and them the opportunity to fill the seat?

Equally the waiting list isn’t what it was

Sent from my very expensive gated community

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't know what the benchmark for renewing a 5 year premium ticket contract but i'd say 80% plus given the circumstances is also pretty high.
As for Barber spin - i think he's just acknowledging pretty fairly after the economic and health turmoil we've been through that actually the demand for Albion tickets (Season or 1901) remains very high or "remarkably high" as he puts it. A fair comment i'd say.

When supply exceeds demand, as we've seen for every game thus far this season, I'm not sure I'd use the same term.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I don't know what the benchmark for renewing a 5 year premium ticket contract but i'd say 80% plus given the circumstances is also pretty high.
As for Barber spin - i think he's just acknowledging pretty fairly after the economic and health turmoil we've been through that actually the demand for Albion tickets (Season or 1901) remains very high or "remarkably high" as he puts it. A fair comment i'd say.

I don’t understand your comments here.

If Barber is acknowledging economic issues, why is he making more expensive for season ticket holders to move their tickets and those who want them to go? And if he’s doing this because demand is high, then that’s pretty sharp practice if people are struggling to pay for them.

Because the empty seats are telling a different story as Bozza says above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

If Barber is acknowledging economic issues, why is he making more expensive for season ticket holders to move their tickets and those who want them to go? And if he’s doing this because demand is high, then that’s pretty sharp practice if people are struggling to pay for them.

I think you are twisting this a bit to suit your argument.

The majority of the empty seats on Saturday were because people that bought tickets didn’t turn up.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
When supply exceeds demand, as we've seen for every game thus far this season, I'm not sure I'd use the same term.

For any business to bounce back almost immediately post Lockdown with c100% of demand versus admittedly 105% of supply - if you like is probably worth a “remarkable” but then of course this was PB in April.

But yep there’s enough signs there now (no sell outs yet, empty seats due to stay at homes, 1901/STs still available) for PB to perhaps be using some other words I guess.

But it’s still far too early - the pandemic is far from over - to gauge where things are or how it’s gonna settle .

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Just the point that agreeing that the renewal rate for season tickets and to a lesser extent 1901 renewals was as Barber put it in April - remarkable - was fair comment
given the pandemic .

It wasn’t a comment on the sharing scheme or why people this season have paid for tickets but haven’t turned up or left them empty.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I think you are twisting this a bit to suit your argument.

The majority of the empty seats on Saturday were because people that bought tickets didn’t turn up.

I’m not disputing that.

It’s why they didn’t turn up in the context of the club’s policy around ticket sales…

scooter1

How soon is now?
There are 3 seats next to us haven't been used yet this season, but when a friend enquired about their availability he was told they were sold to STH's. Obviously for whatever reason, they're not attending. I'll be interested to see if the show up for Man City..

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I’ve (reluctantly) just put my tickets on the exchange for the Man City match - 4 together in east stand, near half way line.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Greetings ticket buys - can you help please.

For this season I've convinced my boss to buy membership for himself and son, so I'm not faffing around for him.

He's trying to buy tickets for them, for Man City, but he can't get past an error regarding the child ticket.

I've told him that perhaps he has to pay for both tickets at full price, but he can't override the error.

Any advice would be appreciated if only to give him an idea of what to say to Supporters Services.

Ta muchly.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Greetings ticket buys - can you help please.

For this season I've convinced my boss to buy membership for himself and son, so I'm not faffing around for him.

He's trying to buy tickets for them, for Man City, but he can't get past an error regarding the child ticket.

I've told him that perhaps he has to pay for both tickets at full price, but he can't override the error.

Any advice would be appreciated if only to give him an idea of what to say to Supporters Services.

Ta muchly.

The game has previously sold out. The tickets on sale are from the ticket exchange. All are sold at adult price. There is no error.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The game has previously sold out. The tickets on sale are from the ticket exchange. All are sold at adult price. There is no error.

Yeah that's what I thought, but wasn't sure as have always been a S/T holder.

I've been talking it through with him for the last 10 minutes and he's just finished by saying 'oh I wasn't trying to buy those seats together, but they were close to each other' :facepalm:

So at least that explains the error he was getting!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

I've been talking it through with him for the last 10 minutes and he's just finished by saying 'oh I wasn't trying to buy those seats together, but they were close to each other' :facepalm:

Your boss is a knob, but you knew that anyway ;)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

If he had decided to buy a week or so ago he could have bought one of the tickets at the child price. I’m sure you will break it to him gently as he is your boss :thumbsup:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
If he had decided to buy a week or so ago he could have bought one of the tickets at the child price. I’m sure you will break it to him gently as he is your boss :thumbsup:

He would have had to have done it a lot earlier than that - there were only singles dotted about weeks before the exchange opened last week.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
True. Unless AZ, he had spotted the pair you SNAFFLED (in a good way :smile:)

Yep - although I struck extremely lucky with timing on that (and [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], of course). I had had a good look a couple of weeks before and I'm pretty sure those tickets weren't available then. Not sure if the club had started listing tickets via the exchange, or if they were returns of some sort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here