Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will the ticket exchange open for Man City (Oct 23 2021), and if so, when?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just read that. So do you STHs get the full (pro-rata) price of your ticket refunded? (Less the £1 admin fee). No wonder the club aren't keen to open the Exchange any earlier, where's the financial benefit for them? Not being a STH I'd just assumed that you got a token £20 or something back - so maybe that's the answer? You get, say, half the cost back and the club keep the rest - having sold the seat at the full rate. That way they may be more inclined to open the Exchange earlier: they'd make more money and you'd get something (rather than nothing if you can't attend and the Exchange isn't open)

We only get a refund if it sells and the club then get full retail price for it so surprised they aren’t keener as they make money for those seats if they sell in the exchange!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just read that. So do you STHs get the full (pro-rata) price of your ticket refunded? (Less the £1 admin fee). No wonder the club aren't keen to open the Exchange any earlier, where's the financial benefit for them? Not being a STH I'd just assumed that you got a token £20 or something back - so maybe that's the answer? You get, say, half the cost back and the club keep the rest - having sold the seat at the full rate. That way they may be more inclined to open the Exchange earlier: they'd make more money and you'd get something (rather than nothing if you can't attend and the Exchange isn't open)

All exchange tickets are sold at full price, and refunds (pro rata ST price less admin fee) are only paid if seat is actually resold. Win/win for the club.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Listed a pair of tickets on the exchange. Someone has bought just one of them! No other pairs available in the block so assumed they'd go as a pair, oh well. Hopefully the other one sells too.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
IF your seat sells, you get the pro rata rate back less £1, so about £24 depending on your seat. The club then sells for the matchday price -again depending on category of game and seat position, so say £40

So the club makes more money IF they sell

Yes I know you (and the club) only get the money if your seat sells. That point obviously wasn't clear in my post as a few people have mentioned it, (I took it as read). My main point was that IF it sells I thought the club were being over-generous in refunding you the full pro-rata value, less a quid. I thought if you STHs were happy to settle for less then the club might be more inclined to open the Exchange before every single isolated ticket has been sold, and before they've heard back from the likes of Dunky's girlfriend's mum as to whether she was going to use her comp or not.

And before people splutter and say "Why should I settle for less?", the alternative is that the Exchange stays shut (or opens too late) and you don't get anything. Also on the other threads debating this I've seen people say they don't want any money (although it would be nice), they just don't want their seat to be empty and wasted.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes I know you (and the club) only get the money if your seat sells. That point obviously wasn't clear in my post as a few people have mentioned it, (I took it as read). My main point was that IF it sells I thought the club were being over-generous in refunding you the full pro-rata value, less a quid. I thought if you STHs were happy to settle for less then the club might be more inclined to open the Exchange before every single isolated ticket has been sold, and before they've heard back from the likes of Dunky's girlfriend's mum as to whether she was going to use her comp or not.

And before people splutter and say "Why should I settle for less?", the alternative is that the Exchange stays shut (or opens too late) and you don't get anything. Also on the other threads debating this I've seen people say they don't want any money (although it would be nice), they just don't want their seat to be empty and wasted.

Except there isn’t any evidence that this trade off exists. The exchange seems to have worked well in the past but the issue now is simply the extra seats installed over the Summer.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Looks like my ST us sold for the Citeh game

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
loads of 1901 tickets in south east corner for sale @ £125.....Seats Mediocre at Best !! doubt many of them will sell.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Bit confused, never put ticket on exchange before

I can't get to the City game so put ticket on a few days ago, I know it's worked as it says so

But when I go to the ticket site, not logged in the 'BUY' box is greyed out and it's only only offering Buy Membership or Buy Lounge Access. I thought it might be because I was not logged in, but when I scroll further down to the Newcastle game the BUY box is highlighted green and ready to go

I assume there's a simple explanation but I can't figure it ... does anyone know what goes on?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Ridiculous amount of tickets have gone on the exchange since it opened. For example, N1F had about 5 ‘empties’ the other day, and now it’s got 22!

Anyone’s ticket on their phone yet? Mine isn’t.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Ridiculous amount of tickets have gone on the exchange since it opened. For example, N1F had about 5 ‘empties’ the other day, and now it’s got 22!

My season ticket has been updated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Bit confused, never put ticket on exchange before

I can't get to the City game so put ticket on a few days ago, I know it's worked as it says so

But when I go to the ticket site, not logged in the 'BUY' box is greyed out and it's only only offering Buy Membership or Buy Lounge Access. I thought it might be because I was not logged in, but when I scroll further down to the Newcastle game the BUY box is highlighted green and ready to go

I assume there's a simple explanation but I can't figure it ... does anyone know what goes on?

MAN CITY
Match Category: A Grade
Tickets are on sale to season ticket holders, MyAlbion+ members and those with a previous purchase history only (login required)

NEWCASTLE
Match Category: C Grade
My Albion+ Members On Sale Tue 28 September (login required)
Season Ticket Holders Guest On Sale Thu 30 September (login required)
General Sale On Sale Tue 5 October

So from 05 October a login isn't required for Newcastle tickets. I guess the club looks at the likelihood of away fans buying in the home ends and changes it's priorities accordingly. Man City is still login required.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I thought you weren't going to games?

MAN CITY
Match Category: A Grade
Tickets are on sale to season ticket holders, MyAlbion+ members and those with a previous purchase history only (login required)

NEWCASTLE
Match Category: C Grade
My Albion+ Members On Sale Tue 28 September (login required)
Season Ticket Holders Guest On Sale Thu 30 September (login required)
General Sale On Sale Tue 5 October

So from 05 October a login isn't required for Newcastle tickets. I guess the club looks at the likelihood of away fans buying in the home ends and changes it's priorities accordingly. Man City is still login required.

Difference between Cat A and Cat C

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Yep - ticket showing normally in Googlepay

About 700 seats in total available - record attendance very likely to be announced I guess. Not sure it's a ridiculous number TBH - would imagine at least 5%+ of fans can't make any particular game (more if the bloody time is moved), and with the exchange being publicised hopefully people are using it. The fewer empty seats the better.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
My mate I go with always gives me his ticket if he cant go. Different now so I have just purchased his seat on ticket exchange and he will give me money back he receives from club. At least I can now take my elderly uncle for his yearly trip to Amex

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I've just listed 3 next to each other in the West Upper, might be a 4th going up if my mate decides to list his as I don't think he's going either. Not hopeful they will sell given how many are available but hoping that the fact they are together might just work in my advantage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here