Will the next Pope be Albion?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sep 18, 2003
We have some top celeb fans, but will Cardinal McCormak from Arundel be in the running?

Des and Fat boy in the shade?

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
:jester:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
His Holiness just passed on was a Fulham fan. He studied at the Manresa House Jesuit Institute in Roehampton (which I think may now be part of the University of Surrey), and spent his Saturday off standing on the terraces there. He was also a goalkeeper of some standing in his young days. Basil Hume, the previous Archbishop of Westminster, was a Newcastle fan, but I didn't know of Cormac Murphy having any Albion connection.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Cormac Murphy O'Connor is most certainly an Albion fan, by his own, repeated admission

An official damnation of all Palace fans by CMC if made Pope would be nice.

I thought O'Connor was more of a rugby man? He played rugby for the Vatican XV. That's true, by the way, even though it sounds a bit silly.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
London Irish said:
I thought O'Connor was more of a rugby man? He played rugby for the Vatican XV. That's true, by the way, even though it sounds a bit silly.

Its possible to like both codes. As you do, for instance....

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Cormac Murphy O'Connor used to live in Storrington during the time he was Bishop of Arundel and Brighton, logically he should be an Albion fan but since when has logic ever applied to football.

Yeah, I wasn't doubting what you were saying MYOB re. his support for the Albion. He's also said some nice things about London Irish so he might be exactly like me in his sporting sympathies.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports