Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will the FA Cup 4th Round be our first £1,000,000 turnover game?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
If it's the Gooners and on ITV it might get close!

Tickets, TV, digital advertising, one off sponsorship opportunities, beer and pies.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Thought we beat that first league game at the Amex vs donny when including merchandise sales on the day

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
If it's the Gooners and on ITV it might get close!

Tickets, TV, digital advertising, one off sponsorship opportunities, beer and pies.

Do you know what the the club make for a league game?, I haven't got a clue. I think arsenal will be a nice little earner!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Can't wait for a potential Wenger pic with our physio in the background. Arsene/Ring

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Surely if it were v Arsenal and televised, this would EASILY turnover £1m?

24k @ a modest average of say £26 = £624,000
3k @ say £40 for each 1901er = £120,000
TV money + advertising boards bonus = £200,000

Would leave us just needing each person in the crowd to spend ONE pound.

(of course this is TURNOVER, rather than profit, and we only actually get 45% of the gate money ourselves)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In 1901, all cup games already paid for, as part of the package. So, you are back to £824k. .

Because the gate money is shared with the opposition and the FA, there would have to be a value attributed to each 1901 seat, and added into the 'gate money' total. At a minimum this would be the normal price of a WSU seat.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We get 45%, Opponent 45%, FA 10%............... do they share the costs too? Doubt it. Off-set expenditure I expect because we keep all additional income from food, merch etc. but while the total turnover for the game will be about that, we won't make any more final profit than from a league game I wouldn't think

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
We get 45%, Opponent 45%, FA 10%............... do they share the costs too? Doubt it. Off-set expenditure I expect because we keep all additional income from food, merch etc. but while the total turnover for the game will be about that, we won't make any more final profit than from a league game I wouldn't think

Surely they split the profits not revenue?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Arsenal have got Manchester City and Chelsea in between the FA Cup 3rd round replay. There's no way they'll play a full-strength team against Swansea and if their best line-up got beaten 2-0 by the Swans earlier in the season at The Emirates, these threads could end up looking ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here